1st race ever questions

Started by akosi, September 01, 2014, 01:26:29 PM

akosi

I'll be doing my first race weekend this weekend at NJMP and wanted to confirm my transponder is in the right spot as well as my number plates are ok. Anything else you see on the bike that needs to be changed please let me know.  Also please share any info that might make my weekend run smoother. Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone!

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Akosi/library/Mobile%20Uploads

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

akosi

nevenelestate

Technically your numbers are too small, it will come down to whomever does the tech inspection. The reason for the size requirements is for the officials to be able to read the numbers from as far away as possible in case the electronic timing malfunctions and they have to visually score the winner/positions. Most of the time you will be fine with the plates you have though.

MAZZ77X

Get there early! Be prepared and bring plenty of water and food. If you do your prep work at home the weekend will be fun.

Have fun! See you there. My son rides bike #516 Expert. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to come talk to is. Well be by the Markbilt Racebikes Rig.

akosi

Will do I'll be at the track day Friday as well and just overnight. Thanks I'm sure I'll have questions for you guys!

tony216

I don't know how it would fit on your bike, but I keep my transponder as high as I can on the fork. This way I can look to see that it's working as I roll out for practice.

akosi

I originally wanted to have it up higher but it seemed like it would limit my steering a little.

tony216

Quote from: akosi on September 04, 2014, 07:23:45 AM
I originally wanted to have it up higher but it seemed like it would limit my steering a little.

I didn't know if that would be an issue or not.

Good luck!

IFMracing

Bring along some tape to cover the front numbers that are on the non-timing tower side.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Gino230

Move your transponder as low as possible on the fork. I had mine in the exact same spot and it was intermittent. For some reason, fiberglass and carbon mess with the signal. When I moved it lower it worked a little better.

These things have been quite a pain in the ass for CCS, it's too bad they have been so unreliable.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

franikk

Good luck and ask a thousand questions!

JNSRacing

I race with MCRA, and we use Westhold's T&S system - I've not had issues with mine but there seems to be a few duds out there - are you guys also using Westhold?
MCRA #72