News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Newbie questions about ULTB class

Started by OkieDoom, August 24, 2014, 12:35:45 PM

OkieDoom

Hello all,

First post and I'm looking for some info about getting into this class. I have used the search field but I'm not finding a good starter post. I've have been racing small displacement bikes with another organization for a few years but I've had my eye on Ninja 250 racing for awhile and I'm wanting to make the plunge for next year. Can someone give me any tips as far as best year of bikes to be looking out for or newbie mistakes not to make with looking for a race rig? Sorry for the broad subject but I'd love some input.

Thanks you ladies and gentlemen,

CHIRINOM

Hi There,

The New Gen Kawasaki 250s are currently the bike to have 2008 - 2012. I recommend buying the freshest bike that you can buy, if you do not plan on going through the engine. What region to you plan to race? Take a look at our Face book page. We have a lot of riders tuning in which would be happy to help.

www.facebook.com/specclassracing
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

MAZZ77X

Like he said 08-12 Ninja 250 is what your looking for.

Try and find a bike already set up....... Like ours! We have a 2011 race ready and well equipped. Fresh in every sense and a proven winner.

Pm for more info.

Burt Munro

As a new forum member he may not be able to send PM's yet. I believe you have to have a certain number of posts before you can send a PM. I may be wrong on this though.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

OkieDoom

Thanks for the info folks. Now I need to search the forum for the mods that need to be made so I can get a budget together. Again, any info is appreciated.

Thanks

OkieDoom

CHIRINOM

Talk to your local guys and see where they are at. CCS unfortunately allows people to build it to the moon which has been of concern for many who are looking for economy, machine parity, and simplicity. There are many posts on this forum discussing the issue and what we (the majority of the 250 riders) have done. This includes riders from FL, SE, MW, and MA. Fortunately, the majority of the 250 riders are for spec. Which keeps it cheap, close, and simple.

We formed a gents agreement back in 2012 which has remained very strong. What we (the riders not CCS) are doing down in FL this year, is splitting up the ULTB and GTUL to Mod and un Mod. This seems to be working well. We have grids of over 20 riders riding spec.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

Quote from: OkieDoom on August 25, 2014, 10:06:45 PM
and I'll be racing in the mid-west.

Talk to bruce71198. I believe that he is from MW. He and his son are on spec bikes.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

j-l

Pretty curious to know as well as to how big the grids are in the Midwest region for this class. New to the forum as well and looking into this class to race for next year as well.

CHIRINOM

Quote from: j-l on August 26, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

Pretty curious to know as well as to how big the grids are in the Midwest region for this class. New to the forum as well and looking into this class to race for next year as well.

Talk to bruce71198. I believe that he is from MW. He and his son are on spec bikes.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com