ULTB Midwest (Ninja 250's) question

Started by spoot, August 19, 2014, 10:17:27 AM

MAZZ77X

twilkinson3

Spoot - run the ninja, keep it cheap and simple, trust me racing ANYTHING will put a huge smile on your face

Tammy857

Quote from: Capitalview on August 19, 2014, 08:39:31 PM
Great, Spoot is here now...

I'm here too!  :thumb:

Spoot would never forgive himself if he started bleeding Kawi green!

If you guys aren't too skeerd we would build a 70s CB350 to clean house. Just have to get used to racing a motorcycle that has a frame made out of wet noodles.  :biggrin:

spoot

Quote from: MAZZ77X on August 26, 2014, 05:56:35 PM
Just buy ours and your done!
what do you have for me??

I saw a pair of CBR's in MI for $1800 on CL. Both have cosmetic damage, one had bent forks.
No reply from poster.

Quote from: j-l on August 26, 2014, 07:27:18 AMI AM curious to know if there's a preference to what model / generation people are racing on the ninja 250 class? I just wanted to toss a post in and hopefully someone can chime in or even PM me their thoughts and/or suggestions.

for ninja's - 2008 and newer. They have 17" wheels, so you can get modern/good rubber. After that, you can just run it.

@bruce71198 - I hear ya. All logic tells me to do a ninja. My 'winning red' blood says CBR.

and about the Ice Cream....I did just deliver 20 pints of Culvers (variety of flavors) to give away, for the RRW Air Fence fund-raiser last night....just because :)
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

MAZZ77X

Quote from: spoot on August 31, 2014, 02:09:39 PM
what do you have for me??

I saw a pair of CBR's in MI for $1800 on CL. Both have cosmetic damage, one had bent forks.
No reply from poster.

for ninja's - 2008 and newer. They have 17" wheels, so you can get modern/good rubber. After that, you can just run it.

@bruce71198 - I hear ya. All logic tells me to do a ninja. My 'winning red' blood says CBR.

and about the Ice Cream....I did just deliver 20 pints of Culvers (variety of flavors) to give away, for the RRW Air Fence fund-raiser last night....just because :)

Spot, we have my sons 2011 Ninja 250 with all the good parts and a proven developed package.
Full 2 Bros Carbon "Black Series Exhaust
Vortex Rearsets
Woodcraft Clipons
Stainless Lines with SBS Pads
Armorbodies Bodywork
Freshly rebuilt engine with everything new by Markbilt Racebiles this past winter
New Pirelli Tires with 1 race on them. Will be 3 when it's ready to go to its new owner
Custom Dyno Tuned Carbs with jetting and needles. 32HP

$3500
Ask around about our bike if needed.
If you interested feel free to call me anytime. (609)781-37410

bruce71198

Quote from: Tammy259 on August 28, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

If you guys aren't too skeerd we would build a 70s CB350 to clean house. Just have to get used to racing a motorcycle that has a frame made out of wet noodles.  :biggrin:

Tammy, you bring your 350, I'll bring my 250 and we'll see who's cleaning who's house...

Capitalview

spoot

^ you shush it, Mister!  :ass:

So...I found a (potential) Honda. 250cc. 4-stroke. v-twin. 'slightly' modern. 26-27bhp. pipe/jet might get 6 more?
Suspension is weak. Tires are a bit skinny and the selection isn't as nice as the n250/n300/cbr250.
comes in white with light blue & pink accents.

8)
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

Either way Spot, we know how to make you finish last each race. We know your weakness.

We'll put one of these at main gate...

:biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

spoot

I would just dump the bike at the gate and enjoy a smooth one while watching everyone zip by  :pop:
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

bruce71198

Quote from: spoot on September 04, 2014, 12:06:46 PM
^ you shush it, Mister!  :ass:

I thought about one of those, V-twin, might make a good racer. Funky brakes, enclosed rotrs or something strange if I recall.

So...I found a (potential) Honda. 250cc. 4-stroke. v-twin. 'slightly' modern. 26-27bhp. pipe/jet might get 6 more?
Suspension is weak. Tires are a bit skinny and the selection isn't as nice as the n250/n300/cbr250.
comes in white with light blue & pink accents.

8)

spoot

@bruce71198
The 88-89 had the 'Inboard Disc', which is a cast iron rotor mounted on the perimeter of the disc (like a Buell) in 3 places. the disc is aligned in the center of the front wheel. The caliper is part of the 'rotor cover' and can only be removed/serviced by pulling the whole wheel out.

The '90 had a traditional disc, like most bikes. The wheel sizes are slightly better on the '90 as well.
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com