News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Should the GSXR565 (and similar bikes) be outlawed?

Started by MACOP1104, July 13, 2014, 09:41:58 AM

MACOP1104

Quote from: apriliaman on August 06, 2014, 08:30:53 AM
Yep big grids in Supersport in Mid Atlantic area.Gino all of your motocorse ducatis would have to run against 600's in Wera,even mine.They would have to run a factory stock engine then it would be ok,but the SV can be superbike.

I asked Sean to let superbike spec air cooled 2 valve Ducatis into WERA F2.  My reasoning was the class is based on 250GP which is not really a LW machine.  I think he'll let them in at least on a trial basis.   

LWT Racer

WERA is good and specifies that the 1200 air cooled is for Buell. CCS failed there.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Gino230

If CCS' "failure" means we can have grids with 30+ LW bikes, I'll take that anytime over WERA's "good" 5 bike grid. Just sayin'......
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Cowboy 6

Quote from: SVbadguy on July 14, 2014, 06:52:30 PM
Rules should've never been opened up just to appease the Buell riders.

Applause for this comment and complete agreement.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

MACOP1104

Grid size has nothing to do with rules package.  CCS has a very strong Florida region and CCS has NJMP.

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on August 06, 2014, 10:46:25 AM
If CCS' "failure" means we can have grids with 30+ LW bikes, I'll take that anytime over WERA's "good" 5 bike grid. Just sayin'......

Like I said, There were just 17 lightweight experts on the Formula 2 grid at VIR with WERA.  Almost all SVs.

And what was the biggest lightweight grid at Homestead?  10?    Lots of 5-6 grids there.....
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on August 06, 2014, 03:28:00 PM
Like I said, There were just 17 lightweight experts on the Formula 2 grid at VIR with WERA.  Almost all SVs.

And what was the biggest lightweight grid at Homestead?  10?    Lots of 5-6 grids there.....

The last two rounds (June / July) are traditionally the slowest of the year. Homestead was practically empty this last round. It's pushing 100 degrees and 100% humidity with 80% chance of showers this time of year. Lots of people are out of town or on summer vacations.

I'm no expert on other regions, but I would guess Florida is one of the stronger regions as far as turnout.

What exactly are we debating again here? Who has the biggest grids?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

you mean who has "biggest grids" right? :)

It was coming down to, are these faster bikes pushing grids smaller or larger.  WERA is 90% SVs and they just had a good turn out.

I assume CCS sept VIR round is going to blow this past WERA round out of the water tho.  Gino you should show up. :)

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Jwhite316

It seems the CCS mid-atlantic region is the strongest club racing following in the country.  Not sure about exact numbers or what they have out in California.  Personally I have always believed that club racing in the US should be held under one governing body.  Same classes everywhere, that way its easy for guys to travel to different events and so on.  I don't the market is large enough to have several small racing bodies, even if they aren't directly competing with another in a particular region. I know its a pipe dream, but I think if club racing were more organized in the US, we could see a healthier sport and hence a healthier pro series(I'd say the ama is weaker than most club organizations at the moment...)
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

LWT Racer

Mid-Atlantic CCS is definitely the strongest for lightweight grids. 

Grids out in cali are about 8-15 entries. Not near as healthy as they once were (30+)
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

MAZZ77X

Quote from: Jwhite316 on August 07, 2014, 01:30:47 PM
It seems the CCS mid-atlantic region is the strongest club racing following in the country.  Not sure about exact numbers or what they have out in California.  Personally I have always believed that club racing in the US should be held under one governing body.  Same classes everywhere, that way its easy for guys to travel to different events and so on.  I don't the market is large enough to have several small racing bodies, even if they aren't directly competing with another in a particular region. I know its a pipe dream, but I think if club racing were more organized in the US, we could see a healthier sport and hence a healthier pro series(I'd say the ama is weaker than most club organizations at the moment...)

I'd like to see class uniformity nation wide as well, but like you mentioned............ Pipe dreams

apriliaman

The biggest grids are in the Mid Atlantic region Just look at the results and you will see!
GT LIGHTS
Roebling 28 march
Jennings 12  april
Carolina 20   april
Homestead 10 may
NJMP 22  may
Summit point 19 may
VIR 24 june
homestead 11  june
summit point 10  june
NJMP  15   july        39 in  AM GTU!!!!! at njmp  july
homestead 9 july