Spectating at Summit Point?

Started by nwatkins176, May 25, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

nwatkins176

So my girl friend and I are on Road Trip through WV into DC. We decided to stop by Summit Point to watch some CCS action before going on into DC.  Now I raced for a couple of years with MRA and plan on racing next year with CCS, but I have never heard of charging $25 each for spectating.  We quickly decided that was way way too much to watch club racing for a couple of hours.  MotoGp in Indy is only charging $55 bucks for an entire weekend.  I'm sorry but spectating club racing is fun but not $50 bucks for a couple hours of fun.  We would have gladly paid 15 bucks each but even that is a bit high for spectators.  Sorry the CCS lost some money today by charging so much.  Just thought I would let you all know.

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

britx303

try actually racing then. see what getting through the gate costs you then :lmao:

backMARKr

Shock of shocks...it's costs money to go racing.  ::)
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Ramsfan80

Wow.... Just wow.... :banghead:

SVbadguy

Yet people will pay whatever absurd amount it costs to go sit in a movie theater for a few hours.  I wouldn't know what that costs these days, I don't go to movies.

And at Summit I think you can get a partial refund for the day you won't be there if you turn in your wristband at the gate.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Ramsfan80

25 a person for the whole weekend which this weekend included Monday to spectate..... If it's you and 1 other person thats 3 days 2 nights of racing. FREE camping where you can find a spot. Try to find a regular campground for that amount of money. Let me know if you do. I'll be at summit for every ccs weekend this year supporting those doing what they love to do risking their lives. I'll gladly pay the $50 for me and my fiancé to watch the best racing around.

Cowboy 6

I have to agree with the OP.  Last year there was a single day rate available. $25 is too much. I have always been of the opinion that if the gate fee was cheap, it would encourage more to come out for the day and therefore increase interest and help us grow.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

nwatkins176

Exactly, plus we may have bought hot dogs, the sponors would have had exposure.  I have raced a few seasons when I lived in CO.  MRA charges 10 bucks a day for spectator s but offers 2 for 1 coupons at sponsors locations.  They make it easy to see and go racing and that is why this year they are breaking records in racer participation.  200 racers were there openning weekend.  Make it easy for people to come watch and the sport will grow.  Also they just did $250 for all you can race sign up fees.  That filled grids.

If there was a refund for only attending one day that was not communicated to me at the gate.  We spectated Millville and CCS atlantic looks like a great club.  I am looking forward to racing with you all next season. 

Cowboy 6

Wow! Someone is such a hater they had to smite this guy for asking a legit question? Way to welcome a newcomer......
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

nwatkins176

Quote from: Ramsfan80 on May 26, 2014, 10:11:23 PM
25 a person for the whole weekend which this weekend included Monday to spectate..... If it's you and 1 other person thats 3 days 2 nights of racing. FREE camping where you can find a spot. Try to find a regular campground for that amount of money. Let me know if you do. I'll be at summit for every ccs weekend this year supporting those doing what they love to do risking their lives. I'll gladly pay the $50 for me and my fiancé to watch the best racing around.

Your right 25 for the whole weekend with camping is a great deal.  We were just passing through and only going to be there for about 3 or 4 hours.  Why no single day tickets?

Ramsfan80

Not intending to get on anyone's bad side or attack the person for asking the question in anyway shape or form. Especially since I plan on racing next season. Just simply stating that compared to other forms of racing (stock car, motocross, flat track, and dirt racing) 50 dollars for 2 people for a day is still a good price. As for single day passes I'm not quite sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that ccs determines that. I believe it is summit point itself who determines gate prices. I have been at other ccs and wera events where single day passes were offered and weekend passes were more than $25. Sorry you didn't get to watch the racing. There was some good battles this past weekend in almost all classes.