News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New SBS Contingency Question??

Started by supercarl, May 19, 2014, 09:29:06 AM

supercarl

I recently saw that SBS is a new contingency paying sponsor for CCS. I checked out the link posted on the CCS website for the SBS contingency information and it looks like they are only paying contingency for 4th, 5th, and 6th places?? Is that correct? How come not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

Can someone please verify this and the payouts? It just seems odd to me. Thanks!
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Kordyte

Sounds like they're trying to encourage you to use their brakes more each lap  :biggrin: More gas + less brakes = no contingency for you!
Peter
Expert #847

supercarl

Haha I dont think I could go through brakes faster than I do now. I need to work on using less brakes to go faster :P
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

MELK-MAN

my guess is they figure the fast riders already have brake deals in place, and this will get more riders trying the brakes. I started with EBC as an AM racer as they paid contingency (and they still do), and have become brand loyal to them on all my machines needing brakes.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

vnvbandit

I run EBC brakes in all my 5 bikes, road, race, and dirt. They work!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

MELK-MAN

yup.. and they pay contingency for top 5 or so in many classes. Ya do have to call them in california to get your certificates though, wicked slow on sending em out. But make that call if you are doing your part and deserve the ebc payouts !
They pay the same as the Silkolene oils certificates. So if you get some of those from Garry (who still runs the Silkolene cert program) you are owed the same amount in EBC certs.

supercarl

Well that explains why I never got my EBC certificates.... Didnt realize you had to call. Silkolene always sent me certs but I never got any from EBC. Melk-man, can you PM me that number? Wonder if they will send out all the ones from last year they should've sent me....

MELK-MAN

Quote from: supercarl on May 23, 2014, 11:12:24 AM
Well that explains why I never got my EBC certificates.... Didnt realize you had to call. Silkolene always sent me certs but I never got any from EBC. Melk-man, can you PM me that number? Wonder if they will send out all the ones from last year they should've sent m

Quote from: supercarl on May 23, 2014, 11:12:24 AM
Well that explains why I never got my EBC certificates.... Didnt realize you had to call. Silkolene always sent me certs but I never got any from EBC. Melk-man, can you PM me that number? Wonder if they will send out all the ones from last year they should've sent me....

call 702-826-2400 .. call every day, raise hell. I know a few people that called and were told they will be mailed right away, only to not get anything. you might have to pester them a bit. Don't feel bad AT ALL about doing this.

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: MELK-MAN on May 23, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
call 702-826-2400 .. call every day, raise hell. I know a few people that called and were told they will be mailed right away, only to not get anything. you might have to pester them a bit. Don't feel bad AT ALL about doing this.

Actually not the best to pester the crap out of them. Got a new guy that has take. Over the motorcycle division and I am working with him to be sure certificates get out and he understands processing with information I provide and issuing certs.
I believe ASRA/CCS is the only motorcycle organization with EBC in the country, and while I am not saying anyone should "suck it up sunshine" I should be first contact if you are missing any contingency, A I can tell if any was earned/reported and B if one persons is missing it may be an event issue for all.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on May 23, 2014, 09:41:29 PM
Actually not the best to pester the crap out of them. Got a new guy that has take. Over the motorcycle division and I am working with him to be sure certificates get out and he understands processing with information I provide and issuing certs.
I believe ASRA/CCS is the only motorcycle organization with EBC in the country, and while I am not saying anyone should "suck it up sunshine" I should be first contact if you are missing any contingency, A I can tell if any was earned/reported and B if one persons is missing it may be an event issue for all.

i may have gone a bit overboard with the "call every day" comment.. :) I know some friends that have been in contact with Robert late last last year and earlier this season, but haven't had much luck getting the certificates. i think another guy named Will in the office is helping ?

apriliaman

Me too I never got any EBC last year but plenty of Silkolene.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

MELK-MAN

i would call and ask for Robert or Will.. 702-826-2400 Maybe not call every day to pester them, but it is a bit bothersome they don't send out the stuff when the racers are doing what they are supposed to do. I have gotten my stuff, but not without a fair amount of phone calls.

IFMracing

One of my EBC certs was expired by the time it arrived at my door.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

MELK-MAN

Quote from: IFMracing on May 28, 2014, 11:11:30 AM
One of my EBC certs was expired by the time it arrived at my door.

typical sadly.. just call them up. i posted the # above. they are cool about making it right, they just are really not with the program on ensuring a 90 day window from when they send it out.. they are stamping 90 days from the race date, which is silly considering they are taking 4-6 months to send em out in many cases. Just call them.