ccs trial run?

Started by britx303, May 16, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

SVbadguy

Quote from: Gino230 on May 29, 2014, 10:22:27 AM
Is WERA worse or better? I have kicked around the idea of doing a few WERA rounds but they all involve major traveling for me.

There were more people in the paddock for the trackday on the Friday before the WERA weekend.  Maybe of 1/3 of the paddock was used that weekend.  With CCS 100% full and then some.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Ramsfan80

As a spectator of both and future racer ccs is the place to be... Unfortunately a 15 bike grid is large for wera, at least at summit.

britx303

you could race with wera though to get comfortable being out in a race pace setting though,with less volume.thats not a bad thing. this past weeknd I was damn near jawdropped when i saw the amount of guys when i was gridding up. racing with less guys starting out really helped me be prepped mentally for that. im not sure how i would have been if i had to do my first race with 30 guys out there gunning for turn 1.but it is what it is....so get out there :thumb:

roadracer162

I would hate to see WERA go away although I have only been a CCS racer since 2003. I have always hoped to run with and against some other competitors in WERA and AHRMA which are the closest for me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ramsfan80

Quote from: britx303 on May 29, 2014, 06:48:58 PM
you could race with wera though to get comfortable being out in a race pace setting though,with less volume.thats not a bad thing. this past weeknd I was damn near jawdropped when i saw the amount of guys when i was gridding up. racing with less guys starting out really helped me be prepped mentally for that. im not sure how i would have been if i had to do my first race with 30 guys out there gunning for turn 1.but it is what it is....so get out there :thumb:

That's the plan ha. Wera usually has a weekend at summit before ccs so the plan is school and wera next season and ccs the rest of the year. I've been waiting to race for years.  :thumb:

Gino230

Quote from: SVbadguy on May 29, 2014, 06:00:48 PM
There were more people in the paddock for the trackday on the Friday before the WERA weekend.  Maybe of 1/3 of the paddock was used that weekend.  With CCS 100% full and then some.

Then how come their forum is so much better ??
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

bruce71198

Quote from: Gino230 on May 29, 2014, 11:09:20 PM
Then how come their forum is so much better ??
More talk less action

britx303

Quote from: bruce71198 on May 30, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
More talk less action
unfortunately true. but the forum is entertaining,and passes the time between race weekends,at least for me. it was better with different threads that were ongoing and super-hilarious,with daily updates,but would get outta hand and get locked out/shut down.but yeah,too many armchair racers.still,its a fun forum most of the time,with selected spots to stay only on topic of racing.

catman