News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

am to ex bump

Started by tipsy, April 23, 2014, 10:20:46 PM

roadracer162

Quote from: Burt Munro on April 29, 2014, 09:04:43 AM
C'mon Mark. Don't you know that the greater challenge is to surround yourself on the track with less experienced riders who choose a different line through a corner on each lap, have no idea what target fixation is, but practice it at every opportunity and are totally confused on what they should do next when they kill their bike at start?

Why wouldn't someone want to experience that for as long as they possibly can?

Don't you know that's what racin' is really all about?

Oh, I forgot....please kick me in the head. Another alternative, put the white plates on and start from pit lane so that when you catch up to the "greater challenge" of surrounding riders, less experienced, who chose the differing lines every corner on every lap, that have heard the term target fixation but believe it only applies to gun control and why their bikes died at the start.......and the list goes on. Got it now, thank you kind Sir! :)
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Expert status is not all about being quick. Amateur is not all about being slow. There are many fast amateurs but maybe they should not be expert until they are ready.

Expert to me is about acting as an Expert would. Making the right decisions at the right time. Being smooth, predictable and being fast when it counts, and knowing when you are not.

Expert to me is knowing that others "like" racing with me and knowing I am not going to "crash them out".

"Racing" and "competition" is not knowing who will win and overcoming the odds that are stacked against me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

IFMracing

My take on this is that you have the cart before the horse.

Race this year and see where it gets you.
Make the decision (if you need to make a decision) at the end of the season after you know the lay of the land.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

LWT Racer

Or bump up when CCS tells you to.

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

tipsy

Its not that I am two slow ..I catch an pass half the experts on 2 wave starts ..I just want a little more seat time so I ant in someones way. I trusted the experts an wanted the whit plate until cmp N seen experts cant hold there line an better then am. 80% of the crashes where ex. An 100% if the 3 am crashes where caused by a ex rider.
Simplysick, #79

roadracer162

With that reasoning you are an expert now.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

tipsy

Its not the fact of me running expert pace ..I usually finish in middle of the ex grid .my thang is I don't wanna jump in there an not feel ready ..my rookie season N my second race season idk if I wanna run up in ex or not ..but  :finger:
Simplysick, #79

roadracer162

Quote from: tipsy on May 29, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
Its not the fact of me running expert pace ..I usually finish in middle of the ex grid .my thang is I don't wanna jump in there an not feel ready ..my rookie season N my second race season idk if I wanna run up in ex or not ..but  :finger:

I don't understand your meaning, but was the finger meant for me?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22