News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Schools for expert racers

Started by Gino230, April 11, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Gino230

Actually I did. I hired Seth Starnes for a weekend.

I wasn't sure about hiring him, but we sat down and talked and then he sent me a few emails with video links. He's very analytical and very technical about his riding and how he breaks down each corner and the actions he's taking there. The track walk was also very enlightening, I have walked the track before but you always learn something, especially when you're doing it with Seth or someone like him.

I was very pleased with the outcome, I didn't drop time that weekend, but by the end I felt like I knew where I needed to work and I also learned some spots where I was doing things the wrong way. Different lines, etc.... getting to FULL throttle instead of getting the throttle open a little.

I am definitely riding better than I was, able to put the bike where I want it and pass more easily. One thing that helped me alot was getting another GPS Lap Timer (AIM SOLO), which showed me where I was losing time. I used to have one and use it alot but it flew off at Daytona :(

I would still try the YCRS or Speed Academy, but this was 1/3 the price, and it was immediate. I'm a little different than some students, if you show me something it takes me a while to commit to doing it that way so I don't get the benefit of what I was taught immediately. I have to get comfortable with the idea and work up to doing it regularly before what I was taught 'sinks in'.

Honestly, I will probably hire Seth again for some more coaching, maybe when we visit some new tracks. Schools are not off the table yet, either.

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!