News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

More NOOB Questions

Started by franikk, March 16, 2014, 08:05:28 PM

franikk

As an intro:  45 yrs old, Eastern NC, First round will at CMP in April.  I have had my license since 2008 and finally getting to actually race.  2004 R6 Stock motor and chipped paint!

Questions:  I am running a GPX XT pro as my dash, do I have to  run the stock one or can I use the GPX?  I am running a Brembo MC (Aftermarket), do I have to run the stock MC?

Also, will there be a line that is listed as clueless first timer - get your licks here?

Woofentino Pugrossi

You can use what ever dash you want.

Now the master cyl will probably need to be stock for any supersport class but the brembo will be fine for everything else.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

franikk

roadracer162

...and for the lifeless part, where the T shirt. :)
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Cowboy 6

The master cylinder is no problem in SS, it does not have to be stock.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2014/rules/2014%20asra-ccs%20rulebook.pdf

WERA is the org that won't allow it.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

franikk

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 16, 2014, 10:47:27 PM
...and for the lifeless part, where the T shirt. :)

Is this purchased there?  Or is it something that I provide?

franikk

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on March 17, 2014, 12:01:07 AM
The master cylinder is no problem in SS, it does not have to be stock.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2014/rules/2014%20asra-ccs%20rulebook.pdf

WERA is the org that won't allow it.

That is awesome news!

pdoughduc

Quote from: franikk on March 17, 2014, 08:28:40 AM
Is this purchased there?  Or is it something that I provide?

Any bright colored T shirt will serve as plenty of on-track notice for the rest of the grid!
Mid-Atlantic/Atlantic
AM #82
Ducati 900SS

flyboy75

Let some folks know you're new. There should be plenty of people there to lend a hand or answer questions. You can always grid at the back if you choose, an official can help you with this. Have fun and welcome to the sport !

franikk

Next question; who will be going to CMP in April?

smokey999

I'll be there Thursday night till Sunday. I am coming from Charlotte so this is my "home track" I'll have another new racer with me as well so please stop by and introduce yourself. I'll be the setup with two big tents and TH3 Racing Banners all over. Give me a ring 704 728 Seven Eight Five Four if you have any other questions. Hope your going to do the practice the day before!
SE CCS/ASRA #51 Ducati 749

facebook.com/th3racing

franikk

Quote from: smokey999 on March 19, 2014, 04:04:03 PM
I'll be there Thursday night till Sunday. I am coming from Charlotte so this is my "home track" I'll have another new racer with me as well so please stop by and introduce yourself. I'll be the setup with two big tents and TH3 Racing Banners all over. Give me a ring 704 728 Seven Eight Five Four if you have any other questions. Hope your going to do the practice the day before!

I will definitely give you a call.  I am doing a track day with PRE at VIR on Monday and planing on Friday.  I have started to call CMP home as well, since VIR prices went up.  Same distance just about.

Frank

franikk

Quote from: smokey999 on March 19, 2014, 04:04:03 PM

Number didn't work.