News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Another question, this time fees.

Started by lbk, May 07, 2003, 01:18:50 PM

lbk

Was talking to DanO today and he said he thought the prices for second, third, fourth races were same day only. Is this correct?

I wanted to do 1 race Saturday, then 3 races Sunday. Probably will regardless, but wondering if that is going to cost me another $45 above what it would have.

Kind of sucks since there is only 1 race I can even enter on Saturday.

Which actually brings me to my next question is the schedule always the same for Blackhawk?  Or do they change it up?

Dawn

$70 for the first class
$45 for the second class
$35 for all classes after that UNLESS it is a purse paying class.  

I think they flip flop the schedule in July.

Dawn   :)

lbk

Dawn, thanks I realize that my question is does that go for a race weekend, or per day?

KBOlsen

Dave - Pricing is PER EVENT WEEKEND.  Unless the event has been designated a "Twin Sprint Weekend", each class will only race once.  RA was a Twin Sprint weekend - they held the GT races on Friday, and ran ALL the sprint races on BOTH Saturday and Sunday.  This only happens on a Twin Sprint weekend.

Normally, you will only have one SuperTwins/HWSS/HWSB etc etc each WEEKEND.

Does that help?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

lbk

Uhhh... No Kim now I am even more confused.

Ok first question is for example. This coming weekend at Blackhawk I'm racing the ULGTO on Saturday the HWSS, HWSB, and ULSS on Sunday.

So my question is to I have to pay $70 saturday, then $70 Sunday for my first race or does the Sunday race qualify as a second race and start at the $45?

Then the next question is whether or not the schedule ever changes. Because as I see it now I can only race in 1 race on Saturdays, then multiple races on Sunday. Am I reading that right?

I'm really bad with this stuff, I just wanna ride.  :'(

Eric Kelcher

Okay think of it this way the the fees are per entry form. You use one form to enter all races for a given weekend (other than when FUSA races with CCS)
SO on a given race weekend you enter GTO (purse class) $70 HSS $70 (first discount stucture class), HSB $50 (second class discount) then USS $35 (third class and price for all remaining non-purse classes)
If you added UGP it would be $70 as it is a purse class.

In general Sat races stay on Sat and Sunday races stay on Sunday. Only flip-flop is of the Sunday schedule Sat stays the same. Weather, delays, or other events may move some races (twin sprints, FUSA/CCS event weekends)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

lbk

lbk

Ok, sorry one more to figure this all out. By the way am I the only one that finds this confusing? Or does everyone experience this headache when first trying to understand it.

The race I want to enter on Saturday just says GTO(AM) not the Akropovic GTU. So if they are purse paying races aren't they the ones sponsored by someone?

I really hope someone owns up to having trouble understanding this stuff, otherwise maybe I'm just pathetic. [lol]

Eric Kelcher

Not all purse paying classes have sponsors. Sportbike(Ex) on Sunday does not have a sponsor but IS a purse class (for experts only, for AM it is a discounted stucture class)
Eric Kelcher

lbk

So how do I figure out which ones are purse paying and which ones aren't?

Sorry guys I know this seems like I'm just not getting it, but unfortunatley I'm not. [lol]

MightyDuc Racing

Just come to FL...all races are $50. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Pierre - Team PMR

dont feel bad....I'm in the same boat.  This will be my third weekend racing and I still havent figured all this out.  
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

TiffineyIngram

Eric!!  You of all people!  Don't misrepresent!  The second class in the non-purse classes is $50, not $45.  I'm taking your crack pipe away.

I've had your name a month and you're already giving us Kelchers a bad name.

Eric Kelcher

Purse classes
GT races
UGP
Expert Sportbike

then all FUSA races are purse races and have their own fees. So crossover races you need to be sure of fee for you race.
Eric Kelcher

CCS243