Suggestion for change next year...

Started by jigs, January 20, 2014, 02:58:47 PM

jigs

Every F-40 expert rider agress with the fact that stacking ultra light weight with us is an unsafe way to go.I'm sure it is not fun for them either....At BHF as an example..you have F-40 Ex,F-40 Am,and I belive lightweight Superbike...THEN the ultra light weights....we're ok until we get to ultra lightweight....average pace in F-40 Ex is 11's-14's....Am at least 14's-17's.....lightweights are doing 12's-16's....I know from expierience that if we,the first to go..F-40 EX..are doing 12's-14's on mostly 170hp bikes...just as we're getting groove on by lap 2-3 we are already hitting rolling chicanes on the ultra bike that are what,60 hp and doing 10-15 seconds per lap slower times.....this not only really sucks for us and ruins the integrity of our race,that we pay for,but how can they enjoy having to make themselves real thin and get stuffed and split left and right by lap 2-3.I understand traffic giveth and taketh away but this is rediculous....and dangerous....something's gonna happen if this keeps up...someone's going to make a judgment error eventually and someone's getting ass-packed....there simply has to be a better fit for them.       I respect all classes and racing is racing..it's all relative,and I rarely get angry,but myself and other rider really have kinda had with this....scared the shit out of me a couple times how fast the closing and just how hard I had to slam on the brakes and really either cause me getting ass packed,or ass packing someone...or at least the rider I'm chasing,I now have to work my ass off to catch back up with...only to get flat out shut down by another rolling chicane that's just turning in and I'll hit em' if I don't chop and brake hard.....and don't give me race craft smafe craft,this isn't normal,"just figure it out and stop yer bitchen",we're talking someone's gonna get hurt I'm tellin' ya....it also maybe makes me not want to race F-40 then if it doesn't change...that class has come around again and has alot of riders and alot of fast machines and riders...ultra seems to be gaining populatiry as well......again,everyone I've talked to agree's....anyone alse notice this? Suggestions? What other pairings make more sense? Thanks...

apriliaman

They need to start EX both classes in first wave then AM both classes 2nd wave.For me I'm in LW and I end up passing half of the AM F40 field that started in the first wave and im in the 2nd wave.As we are faster in the turns not the straights.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

jigs

Most of the Lightweights,especially on a tight 2mi coarse,aren't the problem..I think it's the ultra's,where you'll find the Motards,need to be switched...

borgnsr

I haven't raced all that much yet, but I was in an F40 race at BHF with jigs in September, and it was the F40 & LWSB combined. There were a couple of ultra lights in there too; a couple of 450s and such. That combination resulted in a couple very fast flybys and a couple more tricky situations that really didn't have a lot of time to get worked out. It was so much more of a bizarre experience than any other class I've experienced that I went over to jigs aferward and asked him if it was really this crazy all the time in F40. 180 HP vs. 45? I'm not setting the world on fire, but it was one of the biggest speed mismatches I've seen on track. I get that you're not racing them, but just having the very biggest and the very smallest displacement bikes in the same proximity was a bit more of a compromise than I think is healthy in the long term, if there were maybe just a better pairing to go with.

RoyHefner

I'm with Jigs.  I agree, too, that it's not so much the lightweights but rather the ultra lights where we get the issue of the big speed/lap time differentials.  I'm not sure if the best answer is to move the ultra lights or F40, but something needs to done.
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

Capitalview

Better fit would be LW F40 ex/am with moto 3 and ulw

jigs

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Capitalview on January 21, 2014, 04:57:10 PM
Better fit would be LW F40 ex/am with moto 3 and ulw

Not a great idea. Now you will limit entries for either class. Many of the LW40 guys run the same bike in ULW.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Fast Eddy

I have no idea but there has to be a better way.

Please look into this CCS
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Capitalview

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on January 21, 2014, 05:23:21 PM
Not a great idea. Now you will limit entries for either class. Many of the LW40 guys run the same bike in ULW.

I was referring to the 250/300cc bikes when I said ULW.  Not the ULW superbike.

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

F2RGK

They're still doing that?  I remember that years ago as an amateur and it usually wound up as a crash fest at times.  It was due to that old factor---TIME!!  Lets just squeeze what we can based on what TIME we have left.
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

roadracer162

It seems the only way to cut down on it is to decrease races and charge more for each. Could be like AMA, six rounds tops.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.