BMW HP2 Sport

Started by Bitgeist Racing 696, January 01, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

Doublea

Sorry guys, I could NOT resist this.... Guy selling is PS1000 with a 1080 kit on the Classifieds.
Tell me this doesn't sum up the trouble us SV guys have, lol. All in good fun, nothing against the guy or the bike.

Direct quote from his For Sale post:

"[size=78%]Anyway, I won all four races, I'd just follow everyone around, see their lines, then just pull out and pass on the straights.  Only the experts on the Ducati/Bimotas were harder to pass."[/size]
CCS # 37

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

roadracer162

Ben, you said everything that I wanted to say but just didn't have the words to convey it. I like the builders class that it is. There are many that can make an SV go as well. Same power? No, not necessarily but the smaller GSXR is mighty inviting. Of course my delema is whether or not to go mini GSXR or go full on middle weight
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jon Glaefke

Damn everyone sure got quite after an SV smoked the field at New Jersey.Could it be that after all that it's the rider not the bike that wins races because it sure seems that way to me. I won't be making it beyond Summit so normalcy will be restored along the Mid Atlantic region.Regardless thanks to those of you that were willing to accept me and/or my bike.I had a great time and if ever in Colorado look me or The Motorcycle Roadracing Association up cause we've got some bitching tracks/riders too.

LWT Racer

It was quiet before this past NJMP weekend so it had nothing to do with Lil Mazz and others smoking you on their SV650s. :)  Why do you keep saying people aren't accepting you?  It's been established multiple times now that you and your bike are okay.  Yes it out classes the SV but it is legal.

Also NJMP is not a HP track so of course SV is going to be very good.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

apriliaman

Its always fun racing with you.You may like Summit point better as is an old style track.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Jon Glaefke

Seriously, didnt mean to whine but it just seemed everyone or most were of the opinion that an old guy riding a cool or at least different bike was wrong.I've raced Hawks, SV's, TLS's TLR's GSXR's and CBR's a BMW Boxer and more than a few Ducati's when it came to a retirement bike a Pierobon was it.I'll miss you guys but hope to see you at Summit one last time.Cheers

MACOP1104

The bike is very cool, and everybody likes to see new riders at the track whatever you're riding.  The discussion has nothing to do with the rider.  After all, bikes are classified by the machines ability, not the rider's ability.   Have fun riding that thing.  It's a work of art!

Gino230

Quote from: bruce71198 on April 23, 2014, 07:52:03 AM
Just for the record, I don't own that bike.  Ben Probst built and owns it. He is kind enough to lend it to us to race. And just for perspective he can put a whole bike together for $12-18,000 depending on how much bike you want. Engines are also available.

Hey What happened with this bike at RA? I heard there was some drama about the way it was stroked??
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Capitalview

Probst said it is 580cc, not 565.  I heard that from Rick Breuer.  He was not making an official statement though.  I just happened to be there when he made the comment.

Gino230

Did someone protest?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Capitalview

Yes.  I don't know who it was though.