News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV Bodywork Options

Started by MAZZ77X, November 27, 2013, 01:46:31 PM

MAZZ77X

Gonna do a nice makeover on our bike for next season and want to see some pics of different bodywork on a 2nd Gen SV.

Right now were leaning towards the Triumph 675 or Ducati 848 but would like to see some others. I don't want the typical SV or GSXR look as they seem to drag the ground and don't fit the bike so great. I know I have seen some really nice SV's with proper fitting bodywork so lets see them..... :pop:

Thanks, Anthony

tony216

Ross used to have 03-05 R6 bodywork on his.  I tried a quick google search and found nothing.

I always wanted to try something like a TZ250 bodywork with the anti-draft tail, when I had my SV. But I'm probably the only person alive who thinks they look good.

Cowboy 6

Quote from: tony216 on November 27, 2013, 07:30:37 PM
Ross used to have 03-05 R6 bodywork on his.  I tried a quick google search and found nothing.

I always wanted to try something like a TZ250 bodywork with the anti-draft tail, when I had my SV. But I'm probably the only person alive who thinks they look good.

Ross runs 1G not 2G.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

tony216

Z-man

Mazzz,

How is this?  Armour Bodies for an '09 gsxr 600.  I pulled it off my 600 and made some brackets, it fit without cutting.  Other than the frame sliders, everything lined up very well.  I used a vortex fairing stay from a GSXR, the holes were the same.  The tail section is a different story, the one on the bike in the photo is an SV tail.  The GSXR tail is still a work in progress.

CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Woofentino Pugrossi

I have Duc 999 on mine. Some minor trimming and wrapped the exhaust to keep it from burning through. SV or GSXR tail (came with bike).

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

clarustnb

Since I'll spend a lot of time looking at the rear of that bike:

Definitely look for the NSR bodywork.  This guy did it well with a moriwaki tail:

http://s916.photobucket.com/user/andygill17/library/?sort=3&page=1
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2738049&postcount=47

Also can't go wrong with the 916:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2738633&postcount=49
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

LWT Racer

Just about everything works on SV.  Find someone you like and buy.

RC51 fits best IMO.  GSXR 04+ works well too.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

leeroy996

MAZZ77X

Quote from: leeroy996 on December 12, 2013, 11:09:44 PM

Some info on this please? GSXR parts but what year?
1st Gen tank on 2nd Gen? Is that what I'm seeing?

LWT Racer

2011-2013 gsxr600

No its composite tank. Shape is like 1g.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

leeroy996

Quote from: Swiest on December 16, 2013, 09:10:16 AM
2011-2013 gsxr600

No its composite tank. Shape is like 1g.
Correct.  Eti only make a Gen1 tank. 

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

roadracer162

The R6 forks aren't Lee's doing. It was the previous owner that did that.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

leeroy996

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on December 16, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Because they work.

+1, they do work and it's almost a straight swap.  The GSXR forks everyone likes makes a stiff front end for a frame made of crushed coke cans.
Either way, I crashed at 120mph, folded the forks but they frame remained straight.

And they're "Cheap as Chips"

LWT Racer

Swap yamaha front is same as GSXR.  Just didn't there was something special i wasn't aware of about the R6 forks.

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

kvanengen

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on December 16, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Because they work.

Haha Without question the greatest answer ever! "Because they work".

Cowboy is correct. The R6 forks work very well on the SV. Arguably a better option than the GSXR forks. 

LWT Racer

Lots of forks work tho.  Putting gsxr carts in stock forks work fantastic.  Just don't see many r6 swaps.  That is all.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer