News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Transporting a spare rear wheel.......

Started by nummy, November 14, 2013, 02:19:26 AM

nummy

Hello everyone -

Looking for suggestions how to transport a spare rear wheel in my enclosed trailer without damaging the rim, or the rotor.

Based on available room, it appears my only option is to somehow fasten it to the interior side-wall, or along the front wall of the V-nose. (it's a low-profile trailer, so there's no head-room available)

It would be great if someone sold a type of motorcycle wheel carrier or bracket that could be removed if necessary.

If you have time, could you snap a photo of the arangement you have to transport a spare wheel in your enclosed trailer?

Thanks for your time !

nummy

sdiver68

Lots of good info in this thread, post #3 for pictures and explanation around your specific question.

http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62915

I used the 1/2" plumbing stuff found at any hardware store mentioned and shown in that thread.  I mounted the base into the studs, from there it's all screw in.  Caution, 1/2" might be too big for certain axles, if so use another size.  Total cost was about $25 for all bases, pipes, screws, caps, and spacers.
MCRA Race School Instructor

nevenelestate

Awesome idea! I liked it so much I went out and got the supplies and did my own setup this weekend.

Took the spacers off my wheels with me to the hardware store to make sure to get the right size pipe. For 2008 R6 it was 1/2" for the font and 3/4" for the rear.