welldrilleRR

Grasshopper

For the midwest...

No Gingerman
No Putnam
No Gateway
No Autobahn

What a shame.

With how many tracks we have its a shame that 1. Topeka is considered a midwest track and 2. with all the tracks we have we only race at 2 that really in the midwest.

That's my complaint. I understand it's a lot of hard work to work out deals with different tracks. I understand the economy sucks and people aren't spending money. BUT DAMN! Give us another racetrack or 2.
Nicholas

gearhead

I want to thank Kevin for releasing the MidWest schedule this early as it really helps everyone plan.  I can appreciate, as Grasshopper said, how difficult scheduling with tracks must be in today's climate but I also miss going to MidAmerica and Hastings.

SV88

Looks like I'm moving to S. Ga (Valdosta) for work.  7 race tracks within 9 hrs WooHoo!!  Guess I won't be ice riding or skiing/snowboarding this year...20 min from Jennings...That rules!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

j_fuggin_t

Quote from: Grasshopper on November 08, 2013, 03:19:56 PM
For the midwest...

No Gingerman
No Putnam
No Gateway
No Autobahn

What a shame.

With how many tracks we have its a shame that 1. Topeka is considered a midwest track and 2. with all the tracks we have we only race at 2 that really in the midwest.

That's my complaint. I understand it's a lot of hard work to work out deals with different tracks. I understand the economy sucks and people aren't spending money. BUT DAMN! Give us another racetrack or 2.
this.. hence my :(

I love bhf, but not for every race. Its not looking good for me to renew my license this time around.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Grasshopper on November 08, 2013, 03:19:56 PM
For the midwest...

No Gingerman
No Putnam
No Gateway
No Autobahn

What a shame.

Very small turnouts for gingerman
Autobahn doesnt want racing orgs
Gateway again sucks.
Putnam owners last I heard still have a beef with ccs (plus no camping there).

Still dont know what happened with Mid-america. Mid-O could be considered "midwest" but guessing $$$$.

Yeah it would be great to go to other tracks (and get back to the 10 race weekends like it was when I started) but we have to deal with what we have right now. There is nothing stopping anyone from going to other regions to try other tracks or doing races with other orgs.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Burt Munro

Rob,
Remind me again how many times you raced at Gateway???
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 12, 2013, 06:47:07 PM
Rob,

I'm curious about this as well. And also when was the last time? 87?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

sdiver68

MCRA will have a good MW schedule this year.  Looking like 7 events 4 tracks.  Nothing's official but stay tuned.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 12, 2013, 06:47:07 PM
Rob,

Once was enough.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

trace33chargers

When was the last time their was a CCS event at Gingerman? I don't think there has been one for 5 years, so I think saying there is poor turnout there should no longer be valid. A lot has changed since 2008.

Burt Munro

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on November 13, 2013, 01:22:18 AM
Once was enough.
Got it Rob.  Kind of like the only time you had sex with a woman and decided once was enough!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

truckstop

Quote from: trace33chargers on November 13, 2013, 08:43:03 AMA lot has changed since 2008.

Yeah, the grids are much smaller.

I don't understand why anyone would expect CCS to go back to tracks where there were poor turnouts 5 years ago, while there are smaller grids today everywhere. WERA can't support an event at Gingerman either.

I'm only disappointed that something can't be worked out with Autobahn. I think part of the issue there is the expense.

We got sick of racing at Blackhawk all the time too, so we found a solid teammate and travel partner and did Team Challenge for two seasons. Had a blast! The Mid-Atlantic and SE tracks are super fun.

LWT Racer

When does ASRA normally come out?
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

truckstop

I would cross reference last year's schedules with the CCS schedule and you'll probably be pretty close. Some dates get switched around, but for the most part the bulk of the season doesn't change much.

ymracing

Have a hard time figuring out the GingerMan track thing....AHRMA does it about once every 2 or 3 years, no consistency.   I would like to have some different tracks in the MidWest.  There was no mention of Grattan.  Really like the track, resurfaced now too.
(Did notice this year at the AHRMA race weekend that they updated the men's showers.  Put a new set of vice-grips on the hot water valve, and put some cool designs in the mold!)
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...