what class does the 1125r runs in

Started by sami888, November 02, 2013, 09:03:57 PM

Gino230

Quote from: benprobst on November 18, 2013, 06:51:40 AM
I have a really trick 999R, is it a good starting point for the 1100 motor swap Gino?

Yes It will. The only mod you will have to make is increasing the size of the hole in the cases to accommodate the larger swingarm pivot. The motor bolts right in. Wiring harness doesn't even need to be modified. The most time spent will be fabricating the exhaust headers.

The reason we used the 848 is that these bikes were more "mass produced" , Ducati made tons more of them so there's parts everywhere. The 999 was much smaller production numbers. I personally wanted to use the 999 because I also ride a 749 and I wanted it to make them handle the same....but when I started adding up the parts prices, it was alot more expensive.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on November 20, 2013, 11:39:52 AM
The Buell 1125 is allowed in Heavyweight Sulersport, Heavyweight Superbike, Supersport; Unlimited Supersport, Superbike, GP, GTO, Supertwins, and if you are old enough Formula 40.
The air cooled Ducati/Bimota/NCR/Pierobon are generally lightweight so a Buell 125 is several steps above in the race classes.
Having read thru  other organizations rulebooks, I don't see any organizations that allows the Ducati air cooled motors in the water cooled frames. Is there a special provision allowing this that is not in rulebook for Superbike or Supersport classes for any organization, something I am overlooking???

Eric I can't quote you chapter and verse, however you recall the article in Roadracing World about the 848 with the air cooled 800 motor? Being raced in WERA and CMRA.

I believe the rule states frame and engine must be from the same make and model, except in the case of models with interchangeable engines.

since the motor bolts right in, I guess they allowed it. They also allow downsizing of machines to meet class displacement limits. Such as downsizing a 749 to 700cc or Mr. Probst's GSXR 500.

FWIW.

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

sdiver68

There is no provision in CCS lightweight for liquid cooled engines with Desmo heads.

So if you downsize that 749 to 700 you better also being changing to spring valves.  But then again, if you are doing that you don't need to downsize!  You could actually increase to 800cc.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Gino230 on January 14, 2014, 01:07:00 PM
Eric I can't quote you chapter and verse, however you recall the article in Roadracing World about the 848 with the air cooled 800 motor? Being raced in WERA and CMRA.

I believe the rule states frame and engine must be from the same make and model, except in the case of models with interchangeable engines.

since the motor bolts right in, I guess they allowed it. They also allow downsizing of machines to meet class displacement limits. Such as downsizing a 749 to 700cc or Mr. Probst's GSXR 500.

FWIW.

Gino is this is the rule you were looking for?
In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines. (Wera and CMRA have same wording)

Then this would make it illegal

Quote from: Gino230 on January 14, 2014, 01:02:22 PM
Yes It will. The only mod you will have to make is increasing the size of the hole in the cases to accommodate the larger swingarm pivot.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition