News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

what class does the 1125r runs in

Started by sami888, November 02, 2013, 09:03:57 PM

jfboothe

So out of curiosity (since I have one of each sitting in my garage) would an 1100DS motor out of a Hyper fit in a 749s chassis?

Gino230

Yes it will. You will have to enlarge the hole in the engine cases for the swing arm pivot but that's it. There are other ways to do it by modifying the frame, but I think this way is the best as it will preserve the design of the frame to the largest extent possible.

You will have to fab up some exhaust headers. I think on that frame there is enough clearance with the rear shock so there should be no machining of the head. Not sure about the wiring harness.

The bike that Melka rode at the ROC was a 748 frame. They are all pretty similar. I came very close to doing the 749 frame because I also have a 749 that I race in Thunderbike (and starting in May LW F40)  :thumb:
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

PS the 1100 hyper motor is the best one.....it has the LW timing gears, top ignition pickup, etc. If you want to sell it instead let me know....

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

benprobst

I have a really trick 999R, is it a good starting point for the 1100 motor swap Gino?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Quote from: benprobst on November 18, 2013, 06:51:40 AM
I have a really trick 999R, is it a good starting point for the 1100 motor swap Gino?
Ben, remind me again. You're about 5'8" and 145 lbs aren't you?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 18, 2013, 08:09:38 AM
Ben, remind me again. You're about 5'8" and 145 lbs aren't you?

Approximately, yes.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Eric Kelcher

The Buell 1125 is allowed in Heavyweight Sulersport, Heavyweight Superbike, Supersport; Unlimited Supersport, Superbike, GP, GTO, Supertwins, and if you are old enough Formula 40.
The air cooled Ducati/Bimota/NCR/Pierobon are generally lightweight so a Buell 125 is several steps above in the race classes.
Having read thru  other organizations rulebooks, I don't see any organizations that allows the Ducati air cooled motors in the water cooled frames. Is there a special provision allowing this that is not in rulebook for Superbike or Supersport classes for any organization, something I am overlooking???
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

IFMracing

Eric - 1125 is legal for HWSS, unless that is a very recent change?
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

sdiver68

Eric,

Can you please answer are any changes being seriously contemplated for 2014 Lightweight classes? If so, what are the proposals?

Thanks!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: IFMracing on November 20, 2013, 12:00:59 PM
Eric - 1125 is legal for HWSS, unless that is a very recent change?

I goofed, you are correct.
I edited my post
Eric Kelcher

kruizen

Since this thread took a left turn back on page 1.  to confirm:  1st year racing, over 40, riding Buell 1125r with aftermarket brake masters, These are the ones I'm thinking about:

SuperTwins
F-40
Superbike Unlimited (what about Heavyweight?)
GT Series GTO
Rookies Cup GTO

Thanks
Thanks

Eric Kelcher

Eric,

Yes on Heavyweight, AF MC will not exclude you from Supersport classes.
Eric Kelcher