News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Info

Started by flyboy75, September 24, 2013, 06:32:48 PM

flyboy75

Anyone have an idea how much MR 12 I'd need to do Team Hammer practice day, GTO and 3 sprints on a ZX-10? If I need more can I get it at the track or do you have to pre-order? This will be my first time and there's a lt of unknowns!

Thanks
JP

Cbr_600rr_freak

Brandon From Carolina Motorsports sells MR-12 for $130 per 5 gallon can. He can bring some to Daytona. His info is, (803) 530-4063. My name is Jason. I am one of his sponsored racers. Tell him you saw this ad.

MELK-MAN

Lisa Bender with VP of Ft. Lauderdale will likely be bringing fuel but it has to be sold outside the track most of the time. Last year they were able to bring it in the facility, but not into the paddock area. Usually have to pre-order, but they may bring extra on the truck.
lisa@vpsoutheast.com
I will say you need to consider 15% more fuel usage per race easy.. whatever you normally bring, i would get another 5gal pail.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

flyboy75

Thx for the replies. I've been using pump gas since I figure 190hp is plenty at Blackhawk, so I don't have a clear guess to my usage. I usually burn about a gallon of pump during a sprint and 2-2.1 gallons for GTO with pump. I understand the bike will burn more once it's mapped for MR12 and Daytona adds more on top of that.

VP Racing Fuels, SE

Yes, I will be at Daytona. Pulling double duty - working the midway and fuel sales. I'll be posting a preorder list/pricing shortly.

Lisa
VPSE
954-565-7670

flyboy75

VP Racing Fuels, SE

Just waiting for the 'official' OK from Kevin and the speedway, then I'll post up all preorder pricing and contact info.
Lisa - VPSE

Fast Eddy

Quote from: flyboy75 on September 24, 2013, 06:32:48 PM
Anyone have an idea how much MR 12 I'd need to do Team Hammer practice day, GTO and 3 sprints on a ZX-10? If I need more can I get it at the track or do you have to pre-order? This will be my first time and there's a lt of unknowns!
Thanks
JP
JP, get a switchable map so you don't need to burn MR12 for track days/practice. Talk to Moon.
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

flyboy75

Thx Ed, we're doing that. I can have separate maps on the 10...pretty cool! Running race gas at BHF seems like overkill to me