V.I.R. Grip in the wet???

Started by MAZZ77X, September 18, 2013, 06:08:21 PM

MAZZ77X

Good, Bad, Spotty......

What do you know? Not trying to jinx it but the forecast is sketchy for Sunday.

Thanks

SVbadguy

I doubt it's as good as it was in the past.  The track surface has deteriorated over the years and had patches and sealant added.  It's probably been at least 8 years since I've ridden there in the wet.  I know in some turns the dry traction isn't what it used to be.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

nevenelestate

probably going to be lots of people to post here on Monday the way it's looking. Got the rain tires on spare wheels in the trailer, ready to rock.

apriliaman

I've been going to vir since 2003 I think and somehow it never rained when it was time for me to go out.The track pavement is not that good as like 5 years ago.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

nevenelestate

A little moisture in the air this morning, enough for the mist to collect on visor, and I have had no traction issues yet. That's on a new set of Michelin Cup VB/B.

nevenelestate

Good news, VIR has announced they are going to repave the entire main course, not sure about the top of the hill of North Course. As part of the repave they are going to do some widening also.

http://bit.ly/177zQfD

SVbadguy

Wider=faster=less run off.  I'd like to know their plans for run off.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

apriliaman

Some of the run off area should be moved in places.See if they do or not.Like summit turn 4 they moved some a few years ago.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

nevenelestate

In the planned widening area, I would only see T4 as a possible area that could use more run off, but there is a hill there....