CCS Practice at Summit August 23rd? Did it suck last year with TC & Cars?

Started by Z-man, July 22, 2013, 10:57:37 AM

Z-man

I'm quickly thinking about bailing for the next round of racing at Summit.  I took a look at the schedule and it appears the cars have the practice day on Friday and not MAARC or CCS.  Then I looked at the schedule and I've never been a big fan of the three hours of downtime for the 2 hour endurance races(lunch plus races), many times I try to schedule my races to get out of there before the races start.  At summit it appears the team challenge is now 3 hours, with 2 car races and 12 CCS sprints.  Add the normal amount of red flag related downtime and I don't see anyway possible for the races to be complete events by the end of the day.

How did they work in the cars last year?  I heard the paddock was a logistical nightmare last year with all there big rigs being there. 

TC+Cars-practice will likely equal, staying home.  Seems lately CCS crams so much that every weekend has races shortened because of scheduling. I'd like to hear some feedback before I cancel.

Thanks
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

tony216

Last year, we didn't get into the paddock forever. From what I heard, the car guys were supposed to be in one area of the paddock and chose to ignore it. So, CCS made the car folks move their equipment.

But honestly, the CCS and MARRC crews did a great job in a tough situation. They kept registration and tech open pretty late.  MARRC kept the track clean. I left during the TC races, so I can't tell you how the weekend went after that. But the staffs did a bang up job, IMO. That said, I went in expecting the worst, so I was able to see how hard everyone worked to get through it.

race712

The combined weekend last year sucked.  I'm on the fence about showing up myself.