Open wheel cars at Summit Aug 24-25?

Started by castle228, July 21, 2013, 08:21:39 AM

castle228

Looks like we are in for open wheels to be sharing the track at Summit with us again next month?

It was quite a debacle last year with them taking up quite a bit of space in the paddock.

That also means the MARRC crew is going to be busy beavers again putting airfence up and down off the tire walls before and after races.

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

proechel539

Why the hell would you have cars at a MC event? Who even gives a shit about some open wheel cars? Side cars I can understand, but open wheel cars? Sounds like a pain in the ass for all!!
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

castle228

Darrell, that's the million dollar question.

It started last year with a call to Kevin/CCS by Summit Point stating there was a scheduling issue and asking CCS to share the track for the weekend with the Formula series folks.

Not sure why we will have to deal with them again this year, but a thought is that it makes it cheaper and more profitable for both organizations.

It's all about the $$$$, right????? 

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

Woofentino Pugrossi

Pretty sure they arent too thrilled about sharing with motorcycles also. I do agree theres no reason bikes and cars should be sharing the track.

MAARC should have plenty of help if the SCCA workers are there.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SVbadguy

Because it worked so great the last time.   ::)

It's not like I had to clean up turn 3 gravel that got left in turn 9 by the cars.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Nudist

They will be there again for sure.  I talked with the Wisko racing guys a couple months back and they already knew.  It appears its a Summit thing not a CCS thing.

Z-man

Quote from: Nudist on July 22, 2013, 01:46:41 PM
They will be there again for sure.  I talked with the Wisko racing guys a couple months back and they already knew.  It appears its a Summit thing not a CCS thing.

Not sure what that means a Summit thing?  If it was a mistake last year, poop happens.  There was a whole year since then to make sure things were sorted out.  I was really looking forward to Summit but I'm quickly thinking it is better to sit this one out.

I know the economy is tough and CCS has to be creative on how they structure their weekends.  Double sprints in the summer are rough but I think this is a bit much.
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

tony216

Quote from: Z-man on July 22, 2013, 02:21:44 PM
Not sure what that means a Summit thing?  If it was a mistake last year, poop happens.  There was a whole year since then to make sure things were sorted out.  I was really looking forward to Summit but I'm quickly thinking it is better to sit this one out.

I know the economy is tough and CCS has to be creative on how they structure their weekends.  Double sprints in the summer are rough but I think this is a bit much.

What I heard last year was that the cars are letting us share their weekend, not the other way around. That said, paddock rumors are paddock rumors.

burniepd

I see that it is posted on the CCS schedule now and I did notice there is one less car race this year as they had 3 classes last year.   Besides the delay getting in and a little crowded, i though it was kind of cool seeing them run. 

burniepd

Also from a scheduling standpoint they run their practice before our normal start times and run the races during our normal lunch time.   I do fee for the corner workers and all the clean up/air fence issues thought.   

Xian_13

I spoke with Phil about the cars last year.
He expressed to me, that CCS had no options in the madder. The car part of the event, were forced into the schedule by the track.

it wasn't horrible, but car people take up a lot of space.

-X
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

race712

[/size]
[/size][size=78%]What day and time will we be allowed into the track for this event?  Is there going to be a division of the paddock space?[/size]