pirelli dot race tire

Started by deniro149, July 18, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

ATCR550

Don't know why I keep typing Erik.   

My apologies, Eddie.

Btw, cool pics on your flkr account! :cheers:

Pirelli Tire Guy

To those posting and looking for info for your bike on the Pirelli tires, please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email. I am James Bock, the southeast Pirelli vendor, and have taken care of a few of the guys here making posts. I am available almost always and get back to all the racers quickly. Hope to hear from you all.
James Bock
Podium Motorsports
912 655 1433

ekraft84

Quote from: Pirelli Tire Guy on July 31, 2013, 06:03:56 PM
To those posting and looking for info for your bike on the Pirelli tires, please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email. I am James Bock, the southeast Pirelli vendor, and have taken care of a few of the guys here making posts. I am available almost always and get back to all the racers quickly. Hope to hear from you all.
James Bock
Podium Motorsports
912 655 1433

James is a good guy.  He knows the Pirelli brand, and has had experience with other brands as well - which makes for accurate comparisons IMO.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

sonicnofadz

So how do the pirelli's compare to the bridgestone r10's?

Pirelli Tire Guy

Sonic I sent you a message in reference your question between tires. So for the rest of the racers that are reading this post, it is a great place to start to find out some information, but there are so many variables on this subject that it is easier to call. I need to ask so many questions regarding bike, tracks, set up, and then the ever changing conditions through out the year. I really love and enjoy what I do as a Pirelli rep, and have been a tire guy/rep since the late 90's with the "other" brand. Dont hesitate to drop me and email or call me personally.
James Bock
Podium Motorsports-Pirelli Rep
PodiumMS@yahoo.com

sdiver68

I've run both compounds all season and noticed hot tearing on my SV unless I run at the upper limit of the recommended air pressure range in back or even +1 cold.  I also think it's weird how Pirelli reverses the sc1/sc2 designations for front and rear.  But I've gotten good results all year and love the tires!
MCRA Race School Instructor

deniro149

I want to thank all of you for very usefull info.
Im on my third set of these and I love everything about them.The grip, feel and tire life is awesome!!!!!
I get about 3 days on the SC2 green (180/60) in 80+degree day.The SC1 (180/60) from my experience is little soft for hot days and wears quicker.
Again im telling you guys what I've experienced on my bike and set up.others can have different feedback.
This was a great thread and I thank you all for your inputs again.See you at the track :cheers: