Blackhawk - Friday, 7/19, Practice?

Started by spinblue, July 15, 2013, 04:02:57 PM

gixxer188

The July 19th MotoVid date as been "off" the MotoVid schedule since May.  As for the July 10th MotoVid date, there were 80+ riders, I wouldn't call that a light turn out.

And just in case you're wondering about August, there is no MotoVid scheduled for Friday the 16th.  But there is a Wednesday the 14th so if you want to "practice" at a track day that would be your only option.

And there is no MotoVid date for Sept. 20th either.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

supercarl

Yes its weird that theres no practice, but you guys have to ask yourself.....Do you REALLY need MORE practice time at Blackhawk??? We run the track eighty billion times a year, I think everyone has it pretty memorized at this point lol.
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

twilkinson3

Quote from: Burt Munro on July 17, 2013, 08:36:46 AM
Would it make sense to schedule an event at Blackhawk 2 weeks before Road America and risk lowering the attendance at RA? I don't think so.

It's been 2 months since the last event at Blackhawk. 

Sometimes you just can't win at the scheduling game.

I think the comment was aimed more at 2 twin srpints within 2 weeks of each other, I have to admit the pocketbook is tight this month due to that - Burt if you know the right ear is there any reason CCS wouldn't look at maybe making hte July BFR round a single and Aug a double instead?  That would spread out some of the expense for us club racer types rather than making July the big expense month

Jwhite316

Quote from: twilkinson3 on July 18, 2013, 11:28:46 AM
I think the comment was aimed more at 2 twin srpints within 2 weeks of each other, I have to admit the pocketbook is tight this month due to that - Burt if you know the right ear is there any reason CCS wouldn't look at maybe making hte July BFR round a single and Aug a double instead?  That would spread out some of the expense for us club racer types rather than making July the big expense month

+1 August twin sprints would be much better....and maybe even make this one double points to keep the importance of the weekend. 
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

spinblue

Quote from: supercarl on July 18, 2013, 10:45:16 AM
Yes its weird that theres no practice, but you guys have to ask yourself.....Do you REALLY need MORE practice time at Blackhawk??? We run the track eighty billion times a year, I think everyone has it pretty memorized at this point lol.

I'll admit I'm probably not as talented as rider as you may be. Yes, I'll say, I need the practice. I'm not fortunate enough to do every BFR track day to have it memorized.

TEvans

I spoke to the track yesterday afternoon, the gates will not open until 6pm tomorrow. CCS registration is from 6-8pm.

Burt Munro

I can't confirm the getting into the track Friday at 6pm (last word I had was that we could get in at 5).

What I can confirm is that I was told to be there to work Tech from 6-8pm. Registration hours would also be the same.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

supercarl

Quote from: spinblue on July 18, 2013, 01:45:27 PM
I'll admit I'm probably not as talented as rider as you may be. Yes, I'll say, I need the practice. I'm not fortunate enough to do every BFR track day to have it memorized.

The GT races are good practice! I think signing up for more races instead of practice days helped me learn the quickest. I've done that the last two years and really havent done any trackdays lol. But I know where you and alot of other racers are coming from. My statement was supposed to taken more as a joke than anything serious lol. I know practice is important.

I also agree with spreading out the twin sprints so we dont have two double weekends back to back. easier on the ole credit card. Shes running pretty hot right now lol
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

SV88

I'm kinda fading on rd racing right now.  Will probably show up Sunday morning, run the GTO and GTU.  Possibly wait 2:40+ for the MW SS.  Between the cost and the long waits between races... With enduros, you get there Sat. night, key time is 10 am Sunday morning and you race pretty well continuously for 4 hrs then go home.  It's $35-40, replace a rear tire every 3-4 races.  I missed Rd A because I had a lot of things on my mind and ran out of time to pack/prep - plus its not a motorcycle track except maybe for liter bikes. 
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Farmboy

Quote from: SV88 on July 17, 2013, 07:02:41 AM
Wow.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that most people blew their $$ @ RA and now to schedule yet another twin sprints weekend just 2 weeks later - Are you Fk@#$%%^g kidding?  I may show up Sunday only, depending on weather.  Laguna Seca is this weekend.  The indy race coincides with the Aug. BHF race weekend.

May just fix my sailboat and go sailing if the wind is good!

Oh Steve, c'mon. Did you go to Topeka in the summer of '09? When we had to go to RA 4 days later? Now that was crazy, in more ways than financially. And hey, you didn't even go to RA this year, did you?

Quit stirring the pot. Screw sailing, ballers pay the bux and go racing like real men!
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

SV88

Ahah Jim... Actually I think I was in Texas then.  Probably made
RA but not Topeka that year.. I was running some CMRA stuff back then.  Are we going to see you on the track tomorrow or Sunday?  Might show up tomorrow afternoon to run the MW SS and F40.  Sailing is a freaking blast.  Boat`s almost ready - i'll text you..you'll be bitten...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881