News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2014 rule modification...

Started by MAZZ77X, July 13, 2013, 02:54:41 PM

MAZZ77X

I'd like to see a rule modification for the LWSS class to allow the SV to run a 5.5" rear wheel.

I know other Orgs. have recently adopted this to their rule book and really want to open up the tire availability to the lightweight SV's.

When does CCS accept rule modification proposals? I don't want to miss the window, I assume its a small one......

Maybe this has been proposed in the past??? If so what happened and why?

Thanks, Anthony

apriliaman

As of now you can run
LW Supersport----- stock unmodified wheels
any other races----- any wheel you want,even carbon fiber if you want.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

twilkinson3

I'm a supporter of this rule modification, there are numerous bike specific exceptions in LWSS already (mostly for Buells...), I too would like to know the process that should be followed and what supporting doc should be included to at least get this discussed for next year's rule book...160 dot race rubber is getting harder to find every year....

MAZZ77X

LWT Racer

I think rule should stay.  If you don't like rule, don't run SS.  CCS only has one class where you have to stick with stock SV rim.  You have plenty of other classes to race if you want to run 5.5"
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

twilkinson3

Sweist I'm interested in seeing it change on the basis that the 160 width race rubber is drying up - thank god for Pirelli this year, but how long is that going to last?  additionally the other LWSS legal bikes can pretty much all run a 180 rear with the exception of the sv (Buells and ducs) so the text of the rulebook already has an exception or 16 for the Buells to allow them to change out the swingarm and run a chain in SS, and change the brakes out for standard discs up front (think I'm remembering that second one right) for instance - this would just go one more step to leveling the playing field and make life easier on the tire vendors to boot imho

LWT Racer

or they could allow rear slick.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Capitalview

Quote from: Swiest on July 25, 2013, 08:59:16 PM
I think rule should stay.  If you don't like rule, don't run SS.  CCS only has one class where you have to stick with stock SV rim.  You have plenty of other classes to race if you want to run 5.5"

I want to switch!  I want to run Bridgestones and get me some of that contingency!

proechel539

That would be a good move if CCS allowed the wheel change, I agree ! But you need to write an official letter to the CCS Staff, to review, for 2014 rule changes. Other wise you are just pissing in the wind and singing to the chior
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

Z-man

I would like to see a rule that kids under 100 lbs would have to carry 50lbs in lead weight.

Put in a formal request at the end of the season mazzzz
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

clarustnb

It's sad to think that if I cut off both of my legs, I would still weigh more than Mazz... :lmao:
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

MAZZ77X

Relax fellas, he's growing as we speak...... 107lbs and counting!

Downside is he's getting faster each weekend................ :cheers: