Hooray!!!

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 05, 2003, 07:16:51 PM

mmills416

True but I wasn't at 100%. I'll tell you what if I ever flinch your on me like stink on sh*t

MightyDuc Racing

I think Mike was taking it easy on us so he didn't get bored running by himself up front.   ;D  Steve...I had room on the inside to stay on the track, I just woulda had to knock you outta the way...lol. ;D  Besides, if I didn't get in front of you there so I could be in the way, you probably woulda left me in the twistys! ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

ScubaSteve

Thats right im always waitng on you to make a mistake ;D. Bryan I was hoping that you didntget the run on me so i could leave you in the twisties i needed to get some room from you guys!!! Did a good job at geting rid  of you though!!! :P
Steve

CCS FL

lil_thorny

hey stu,
lay off Mighty, grow some n u t s and know that
contact is inevidable(spl) people touch, that is part of racing...Super Dave told me early on to not get spooked when it happens, just get used to it... learn
to ride in a very,very small place. make space with
your elbows, knees, etc.
 no, this isn't NASCAR, but we are still racing just like them... and rubbing is part of racing!!! :P ;D
lil thorny

lil_thorny

stu,
but i fully agree with your statements from earlier in this thread... from behind is differen't.
Benji.

MightyDuc Racing

Either way, I don't feel I'm a danger to anybody, and I learned the valuable lesson of patience this weekend.  We'll see if I can put it to good use at Moroso.  It's gonna be a battle for the rest of the year!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

TreyBone

Sounds like to me that MightyDuc will learn soon enough :'(

MightyDuc Racing

I still don't understand how you riders that weren't there can think I am crazy or dangerous?  I definitely learned that I don't need to try for the lead on lap 3 of 7, but I only cost myself positions and at least I learn from my mistakes.  In my second race I was content to sit back and follow Mills for a while after he got by, and probably wouldn't have tried to get back around until the last lap had I not had my unfortunate oil incident.  Once again, isn't that why I'm an amateur and not an expert?  Oh well, I guess I'll be forever known as a dangerous asshole because of one race weekend extremely early in my racing days. ::)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tzracer

You are getting these replys because you have made the kind of mistake a beginner makes while trying too hard. Common, but it also makes others a little nervous. Don't let what others say bother you. We all make mistakes, what is important is that you learn from them. It seems as though you have.

In our liceansing clinic we stress that you should not ride at 100%. Shawn Higbee has helped at several track days and he says the same thing, he does not ride at 100%. The key is to be patient and work on being smooth, not trying to be fast. This is done by riding at about 90% of your ability.

When passing on the inside, it can be difficult to know if the rider has seen you. Most riders will leave room (just enough) for you if they see you. On inside passes I like to get my front at least even with the other riders front wheel.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

StuartV666

QuoteStu...you just misunderstood.  I was beside (even with him) him going into 3...when I realized he didn't see me on the inside, I grabbed a handful of brakes (don't normally slow down there) and clipped the left side of his rear tire as I stood it up when he came from the outside to the inside of the track.  I didn't run into the back of the guy...lol.

Dude, I apologize if I'm sounding too high up on my horse. I still guess I don't understand what you're saying. If you were dead even with somebody and on the inside going into a turn, I don't see how they could *not* see you. And whether they did or not, you would have the line - and should hold it. It still sounds like you're saying you were beside him, but not even - i.e. behind him - maybe only by a wheel. If so, and you hit his rear with your front, then it still SOUNDS to me like it was totally your fault. I'm not trying to bash you on this. Yes, contact does happen some times. But if it was your fault and you don't acknowledge it, then I wouldn't expect you to do anything differently next time. But from what you have said, it sounds like you would handle the situation differently in the future. Cool. 'nuff said on that.

It was good to meet you, too. I think having a face and a handshake to go with a screen name goes a long way towards getting along. :-)

And yeah, Kent at GMD is awesome! His optimization to my R6 was the cheapest lap time improvements I've ever purchased. And he and Tracy are super nice, too!

As far as how I did goes - merely okay. Even with Kent's help, I never could get the bike back to handling like it was last year there. My best times for the weekend were still over a second slower than a year ago. Maybe I'll have to switch from Pirellis back to Dunlops. :-(

- Stu

StuartV666

Quotehey stu,
lay off Mighty, grow some n u t s and know that
contact is inevidable(spl) people touch, that is part of racing...Super Dave told me early on to not get spooked when it happens, just get used to it... learn
to ride in a very,very small place. make space with
your elbows, knees, etc.
 no, this isn't NASCAR, but we are still racing just like them... and rubbing is part of racing!!! :P ;D
lil thorny

If anybody knows anybody who is still wondering why the Amateur 600 class is sometimes referred to as the Meatgrinder class, please send them a link to this post.

Thorny, I will reserve judgement on whether you have nuts or not (or just *are* nuts) 'til I meet you in person and see you ride.  I guess I won't hold my breath for you to extend me the same courtesy.

And yes, contact does happen, but that doesn't mean anybody should ride with the attitude that it's okay to bump other people.

- Stu

MightyDuc Racing

Stu...what kinda times were you running up there?  I love my Dunlops, by the way.  But I've never ridden on anything else, so what do I know...lol?  I think I shoulda waited a little longer to try the pass for sure, but I was definitely even with him and probably shoulda held the line, but I didn't want to knock us both down.  He didn't see me because we had just split a lapper.  Man there were some slow experts out there that we had to deal with.  I heard we were turning the same times as the front experts in our class, and my watch later in the day said the same.  That's pretty cool, but man what a tough year to be an Amateur. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: