News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Training

Started by Chefjb748, June 19, 2013, 03:46:28 PM

Jwhite316

I've found cycling to be really helpful.  I try to put in 50-70 miles a week and also go to the gym 2-3 times a week.  I've never really felt tired after a race even a GT.  Personally I really enjoy cycling, its hard but also sort of relaxing in a weird way. But you definatley shouldn't be dead tired after getting off the bike, whatever excercising you find you enjoy I think you should try it.
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

apriliaman

Me I cut grass everyday 8-10 hrs,with a 22inch push it yourself mower.In my area I do with another person 25-32 yards a day.Overall I walk about 8-10 mi everyday for work.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

tug296

8-10 hrs. a day with a push mower cannot be easily duplicated!
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

banzai1

Train like you are going to going to race bicycles, or run sprints. Basketball is a decent cardio workout and it helps with hand/eye co-ordination too.

Kadius

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 20, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
i wish i had the will to do crossfit.. i get to the gym about 1 time a week now if lucky to do some strength stuff, just weight machines, no serious free weights.

I only do crossfit twice a week and it's been enough so that I have the endurance to run a race weekend, and not be all sore and useless the following days. Most crossfit gyms are run in a class format and you have other people there to help motivate you. Not advertising crossfit here, but it has worked for me.
AM #116

MELK-MAN

Quote from: apriliaman on June 21, 2013, 10:53:26 PM
Me I cut grass everyday 8-10 hrs,with a 22inch push it yourself mower.In my area I do with another person 25-32 yards a day.Overall I walk about 8-10 mi everyday for work.

winnnah!   .. the bar has been set high. Dang Mark, lol.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

clarustnb

I can vouch for Mark's training.  I watched him saunter around VIR in full leathers laughing and smiling, while most of us mere mortals were stripping down, pounding water and hiding in the shade.  I don't think I even saw a bead of sweat on his forehead after doing the Solo team challenge followed by the GTL...

Impressive!
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

apriliaman

The mowers I use and one house I cut the grass.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Motostu

I ride my unicycle at least 17-18 miles a day
Stuart Harper - CCS FL 36 EX

www.FlyRacing.com - www.EBCbrakes.com - www.LucasOil.com
www.MadSkillzCustoms.com - www.CallahanGraphicsAndSigns.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Aggressively riding a stand-up style Jet-Ski is an immense workout that not only strength trains your entire body, but also works cardio pretty hard. I ride mine on a busy local river every weekend, I think many people truly underestimate just how much exercise you get on them, especially if your constantly riding and jumping surf, wakes, or waves.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

leeroy996

If you don't like cycling, your not doing it right.

tug296

Wild ass fun right there!
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider