News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ambulance On Track

Started by Jwhite316, May 20, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

Jwhite316

I never understood why the Learning Curves mock race.....until this past Sunday at BHF!  Three races saw an ambulance come out on the track during a race on Sunday. Good weekend all around!
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

design-engine

we all slowed down in one expert middleweight class and we never saw a red flag so I passed everyone and got i t first .... then I saw a red flag.   big cluster f*ck

supercarl

Yep, I messed up and threw an arm out thinking ambulence meant red flag. Then everyone comes flying past me and I'm all like why are they going so fast back to the pits? Then it dawned on me...it was still a race haha. I've just never been in a race where there was an ambulence without a red flag. Maybe I should take learning curves again :p
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

bruce71198

Quote from: CSBRacing 3:17 on May 20, 2013, 02:33:10 PM
  Three races saw an ambulance come out on the track during a race on Sunday. Good weekend all around!

I bet theres three racers that may disagree....

IFMracing

I have a hard time with the ambulance on track while still racing.
It really does seem like an accident could have dire consequences with a vehicle on track, I mean, shit happens and I would rather not slide under a moving ambulance.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Burt Munro

Bart and Carl I think you might be talking about the same race. From what I understand turn 5 mistakenly put out the Red Flag so Control was forced to stop the race. Cornerworkers don't have the authority to initiate putting out a Red Flag - that authorization comes from Control. Talked to one rider who was real upset on Hot Pit once the race was stopped. He saw the Red Flag at 5 but not at 6 or 6a and he didn't understand what was going on. Always hate to see the ambulance on the track while still racing - especially on the front straight.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

flyboy75

During the Unlimited Superbike race I saw the ambulance flag and remembered its an advisory flag. Then, running down the front straight nose to tail with another rider I see the ambulance come out on track and cut across right in front of us. We missed hitting it, but it was much closer than I would have liked and thought it was an unnecessary risk. I don't think the driver realized how fast we were closing.

supercarl

Quote from: Burt Munro on May 20, 2013, 05:37:17 PM
Bart and Carl I think you might be talking about the same race. From what I understand turn 5 mistakenly put out the Red Flag so Control was forced to stop the race. Cornerworkers don't have the authority to initiate putting out a Red Flag - that authorization comes from Control. Talked to one rider who was real upset on Hot Pit once the race was stopped. He saw the Red Flag at 5 but not at 6 or 6a and he didn't understand what was going on. Always hate to see the ambulance on the track while still racing - especially on the front straight.

Yea, I believe we we're talking about the same races as well. I was wondering why some of the guys kept racing after I saw a red flag in 5. Didnt realize it was a corner worker mistake, but good to know!  And it was definitly sketchy when that ambulence came out on the front straight right as we were entering the braking zone for turn one. I just kept thinking to myself..."DO NOT target fixate" lol.
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

DanO966

Quote from: supercarl on May 20, 2013, 03:41:21 PM
Yep, I messed up and threw an arm out thinking ambulence meant red flag. Then everyone comes flying past me and I'm all like why are they going so fast back to the pits? Then it dawned on me...it was still a race haha. I've just never been in a race where there was an ambulence without a red flag. Maybe I should take learning curves again :p

LOL  I almost a** packed you... I was drafting you to make a pass into T1..LOL funny part, I thought they called the race w/ a red flag also.

I already talked to Rick about the Ambulance in HWSS at the end of the day.  It was in T4 right in the impact zone.  That race should of been called but it is what it is. 

Good times...it's always an adventure racing these damn motorbikes...
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

supercarl

Quote from: DanO966 on May 21, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
LOL  I almost a** packed you... I was drafting you to make a pass into T1..LOL funny part, I thought they called the race w/ a red flag also.

I already talked to Rick about the Ambulance in HWSS at the end of the day.  It was in T4 right in the impact zone.  That race should of been called but it is what it is. 

Good times...it's always an adventure racing these damn motorbikes...

Thanks for avoiding me Dan! next time I'll def stay on it a little longer after I throw out my arm. an a$$ packing would not have been good lol. On the plus side I would've probably came to a stop right next to the ambulence lol:D

DanO966

Quote from: supercarl on May 21, 2013, 02:05:43 PM
On the plus side I would've probably came to a stop right next to the ambulence lol:D
we both would of...LOL If our bikes didn't take out the Ambulance first...
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

steve p

If they didn't pack so much shit into one day, they would have the time necessary to throw a red and restart, especially on the first lap.  FFS.  I'm all for not throwing a red, as long as it's endurance racing, but in an 8 lap sprint race.  I disagree.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille