Why do we race?

Started by lil_thorny, May 05, 2003, 10:31:14 AM

lil_thorny

fzr400tony

why do i race?  i have a good job and was afraid that at some points i might actually be able to pay off the debt i accumulated through college and figured this is the best way to ensure that doesn't happen...  :)

seriously, i have no idea what about racing i love.  i know there's a lot of things about that i love though.  the people at the track, i'm better friends with some guys from the se region that i see once a year than i am with the people who sit next to me 9-10 hours a day at work.  

i love learning, and it's rare that i hit the track and not learn.  i love dragging my knee (yeah, i'm a dork).  i love the way the bike feels when i'm going really good.  i love working on my bike (and when you race a bike old enough to drive itself, you get to do that a lot).

really, there's not much i don't love about it.

ExpressRacing

Stress Relief!   It's all out all week trying to be responsible, professional and providing answers and solutions to people who ask for your help.

Racing is my self-help.  The pace keeps you focused but entertained.  The people keep you entertained and smiling.   The challenge provides a forum for improvement.  Above all, it's just FUN!   ;)

HandleThis66

i like somefin hard, hi horsepower and fast between my legs that doesn't give me any lip.  and not to mention low maintenance and i don't have to to kick it out of bed in the mornin!!
rhiannon  :-*

criminalspeed

Dawn

QuoteTo get laid.

To get laid onto a stretcher by the EMT's as they pick up up off turn......

Dawn   ;D

sdiver68

Quotei like somefin hard, hi horsepower and fast between my legs that doesn't give me any lip.  and not to mention low maintenance and i don't have to to kick it out of bed in the mornin!!

So, with those qualifications, how do you explain a GS500? ;)  Or was that bike the non-threatening stage people go through  ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

HandleThis66

i never threw a leg over a gs500.  now the 250ninja on the other hand.... :-/ don't know how that figured into the equation :-[
tee hee hee.  at least i have the 600 to keep me happy now!  let's ride :o

sdiver68

Oh my bad I thought it was a GS....OK EX250 lol....even better  ;D

And welcome back and thank you for your sacrifice
MCRA Race School Instructor

HandleThis66

hey thanx! and what a sacrifice it was... :-X

criminalspeed

QuoteTo get laid onto a stretcher by the EMT's as they pick up up off turn......

Dawn   ;D

No, the good kind of laid,
you know,
the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket!
 ;D