News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why do we race?

Started by lil_thorny, May 05, 2003, 10:31:14 AM

tzracer

Racing : the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

tshort

For me, racing is one of the purest ways I can express myself, and the joys of being alive.  It concentrates everything I am, and everything I have learned - about people, about riding, about life - into the time and space of the race I'm in.  It doesn't matter whether I'm first or last, the race is wherever I am, and this pure expression is too.  Racing allows me to get closer to parts of myself I knew were there, but never found a way to express.  Racing is beautiful.

Thanks for asking.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Dawn

QuoteIt doesn't matter whether I'm first or last, the race is wherever I am, and this pure expression is too.  

Thanks for asking.

Hey Tom:

How about this, you finish behind Paul this weekend and I will bring the champagne to celebrate his first win.  

Dawn   ;D

tshort

QuoteHey Tom:

How about this, you finish behind Paul this weekend and I will bring the champagne to celebrate his first win.  

Dawn   ;D

But I already know how to drink. ;D :D

I like the champagne idea, tho.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

lil_thorny

no clothes.... hmn racing IS better than sex!!! :P
yep, i said it....why, there is always another 1/10th
out there. you would need money and possibly
plastic surgery to accomplish that any other way. ;D
Benji.

thanks everyone...keep em coming!

R6Chris760

Racing is something you can't really describe very well in words, it's just something that gives you many mixed emotions at different times.  You feel everything when you go racing and at the same time you forget everything else that is happening in the world.  When you get into that attack mode when you start catching the guy infront of you and everything is just flowing perfectly, that's when racing feels the best.  Needless to say, being in the emergency room is the worst.  I will never regret racing, not even the money spent.  I have made many good friends through racing and even brought a couple with me to this great sport.  Did I forget to mention the adrenaline rush?  I think we're all racing junkies that will never be able kick the habit (or get the need for speed out of our blood).  Someone compared it to a heroin addiction, I think they're right.

-Chris-

TBMain

It started when I was five - when I had to beat Tommy Showers to school, on foot.  Then when I was sixteen, my parents let me get a CB125S for my first transportation to school instead of a car. I put 38K miles on the CB my sophmore year, only to be run over by a '68 Chevy! Few years later, a Nighthawk S / VF1000R / VTR1000 and now a CBR954RR.  Speedskating, bicycle racing, canoe racing, adventure racing and now motorcycle racing.  Competition - can't get enough, can't live without it!

P.S.:  Thanks for a really great wife and daughter that support me all the way.  ;D

Pit_Girl

QuoteP.S.:  Thanks for a really great wife and daughter that support me all the way.  ;D

awwwwwww ;D that's sooo nice.  

it's great to have people to support you in all that you do, no matter how insane it may be... ;D (lord knows i dertainly dont get that at my house)

-jennifer

roadrashroeser

Dragging a knee through the Kink at RA at 125mph and thinking "Now I'm fricken cruising!!!" Then winning my first race and knowing I need to feel that feeling of crossing that line first again, and again, and again!!!!!! Plus knowing I am manhandling a 400 lb machine that has flicked me off like a booger four times at least in two years. Some things just can not be explained!
Mike Roeser

Bernie

'cause chicks dig it! 8)

MELK-MAN

total concentration.. no concerns about ANYTHING other than the task at hand. That task is different for different from rider to rider. Some just want to finish, some want to finish in front of their buddy, some want to finish in front of everyone in the country.
Total concentration..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

GSXR RACER MIKE

The feeling of suiting up at 8am on a beautiful weekend morning, that first look across the pits and feeling a part of the common interest that brings everyone to that place at that time, those first few purrs of life that breathe into your bike which quickly turn to growls, the oh so satisfying smell of race fuel combusting, the G-forces of that first lap, the fading away of everything else and the total focus found no where else in life.

But sadly, the knowledge that most people will never experience or understand what it is that we love so much.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96