AMA Roadrace Grand Championships at VIR with CCS

Started by nevenelestate, April 26, 2013, 01:07:29 PM

nevenelestate

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/raceresults/typeindex.asp?year=2013&s=61
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-roadrace-grand-championships-to-run-with-asraccsusgpru-september-21-22-at-vir/

Saw this news yesterday, should make for a fun weekend!

One question I have is about the qoute below, from the RRW articlce.
QuoteAs always, the 2013 AMA Roadrace Grand Championships will welcome racers from all clubs and organizations, and is open to all licensed road racing AMA members
Do you need a AMA license, or a CCS license and AMA membership?

Xian_13

You must have an AMA membership. You should be able to buy one on site.

AMA pro license holders are no eligible to race.
All other race licenses are excepted (not sure if there is an actual list)

-X
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Burt Munro

X ....

I know that the "X" is important to you but I think that should read "accepted" and not "excepted". They kinda mean the opposite of one another. :-)
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Xian_13

Quote from: Burt Munro on April 27, 2013, 01:22:20 AM
X ....

I know that the "X" is important to you but I think that should read "accepted" and not "excepted". They kinda mean the opposite of one another. :-)
Quote from: Xian_13 on April 26, 2013, 11:39:07 PM
You must have an AMA membership. You should be able to buy one on site.

AMA pro license holders are no eligible to race.
All other race licenses are excepted (not sure if there is an actual list)

-X

I can accept that...

-X
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

nevenelestate

Membership is fine, I joined late last year after putting it off for too many years! Should be a good time.

supercarl

Just wish it wasnt the same weekend as the Blackhawk Midwest round! I need to decide which to go to ugh
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

nevenelestate

Quote from: supercarl on April 29, 2013, 01:45:21 PM
Just wish it wasnt the same weekend as the Blackhawk Midwest round! I need to decide which to go to ugh
Go to Blackhawk ;)

supercarl

I probably will lol, I just hate missing the AMA races and a chance to hit VIR for the first time
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

proechel539

Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

truckstop

Quote from: supercarl on April 29, 2013, 01:45:21 PM

Just win everything you can early in the season so you don't have to worry about the last BHF round. :P

I'm bummed it conflicts with BHF too, but it's an improvement to have it at a track without the age restrictions Daytona has, because the Youth Award can't be given out there.

Plus VIR is worth the trip. Super fun track.

Gino230

Anyone know what configuration CCS runs at VIR? I have only raced there with the old Moto ST and we used the full course....bad to the bone!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

nevenelestate

Anyone heard any updates on this? Google search doesn't bring up much

Eric Kelcher

Working on the last of revisions to classes rules for the event this week. Hopefully by end of week classes and entry forms will be posted.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

nevenelestate

Will racers need anything other than CCS/ASRA license and AMA membership to enter the AMA races?

truckstop

Quote from: nevenelestate on July 09, 2013, 09:25:19 AM
Will racers need anything other than CCS/ASRA license and AMA membership to enter the AMA races?

Nope. CCS license and AMA membership are it.

Well, and entry fee money.

Also, I'll reiterate this again, since it gets missed: AMA membership *is not* the same thing as an AMA Pro license. In fact, if you hold an AMA Pro license, and have done any pro events in the past 12 months, you are not eligible to race in AMA Road Race Grand Championship races.

truckstop

Quote from: nevenelestate on July 08, 2013, 11:36:48 AM
Anyone heard any updates on this? Google search doesn't bring up much

Generally, the rules and specs for classes are set up to allow for flexibility between bikes from different clubs, so if your bike is set up for CCS, unless you have a weird bike, there should be a class you'll fit into. If you look at the results from last year, it shouldn't change too much: (any races listed as "AMA" were RRGC classes) http://www.ccsracing.us/results/2012/102112%20DIS%20CCS%20Results.pdf

Since the age limit is lower for VIR, there will probably be additional youth oriented classes as well.

Also, the form for 2013 hasn't been posted yet, but anyone considering running for the Horizon Award should submit a letter of intent: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Libraries/Racing_Documents/2012_RRGC_HORIZON_LOI.sflb.ashx

nevenelestate

From August issue of AMA American Motorcyclist magazine

nevenelestate

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on July 08, 2013, 04:10:57 PM
Working on the last of revisions to classes rules for the event this week. Hopefully by end of week classes and entry forms will be posted.
end of this week?

castle228

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

nevenelestate