drain plug

Started by TheDocter, April 13, 2013, 09:16:43 AM

TheDocter

i was wondering if a drain plug in the belly pan was necessary for ccs?

ymracing

I think a drain plug is allowed, but not sure that it is necessary.  However, if you get rain you will need some way of draining the pan.
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

TheDocter

Any idea on how one would be made? Im sure they can't be bought. I was thinking of doing a washer and o ring on either side of the fiberglass and a bolt and nut to hold the two together.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Seen boat drain plugs used.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Eric Kelcher

I recommend a bait plug they are smaller than a normal boat plug and don't exert a ton of pressure.
Choose your location based on low point for drainage and distance away from exhaust.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

clarustnb

Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher

spyderchick

Ace has various sizes of rubber plugs. Ask the hardware desk to show you where they are.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TommyG

Actually the plugs from kurveygirl work very well and they are awesome as far as customer service goes. And no I am not sponsored! You drill a small hole big enough to get a dremel tool or a round file and slowly make the hole bigger. The key is keeping the hole a little on the small side so the plug is tight. I have had more than one "situation" with crew members and leaks and the plugs have held tight to both oil and coolant. If its raining and you have to pop them out I have done it in a hurry with gloves on and a screwdriver. Hope this helps.

Eric Kelcher

Tommy glad to hear that the ones I had seen were not the norm and plugs are actually liquid tight.
Eric Kelcher

banzai1

Quote from: spyderchick on April 15, 2013, 12:39:36 PM
Ace has various sizes of rubber plugs. Ask the hardware desk to show you where they are.
This is what I use. I also safety wire the inside of the plug to keep it in there.