News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tech and back to back races

Started by Kevin Farrell, March 12, 2013, 07:31:54 PM

Kevin Farrell

Ayudame porfafor - I am trying to race 2 bikes, and I don't have a crew, (and I am slow and have no experience around a race track) I just got DQ'd from a 2nd place finish in HWSS because I left tech to go start my next race, which I got to late and had to start from pit row.  I can't be the only guy too poor to have a pit crew and racing back to back races, how do you guys do it?  :banghead:

roadracer162

You let them know ahead of time you have back to back races. You could leave the first bike at tech and run for the next race. Next time ask me for help.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

LoneStar

And get to the track early and pit close to tech so you don't have to run far.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

DougG60

pretty sure all the officials have radios and can let tech know you will be in after the next race if you let them know. as anyone racing atlantic or mid atlantic can tell you i had back to backs at just about every round last season and every time had both bikes parked on pit lane. you need to let the officials know after the riders meeting that you need a minute to switch bikes. also see the pit martial a few races early and let them know whats going on as a reminder. you also need to hustle back on the cool down lap to get every second you can. ask someone for help getting warmers off and anything else.
EX101 Ducati 848