News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

looking for opinions on a 2007 r6

Started by brendan113, February 26, 2013, 05:23:59 PM

brendan113

That was more or less my goal.  I might use the 03 for one more season but that would be it. I would rather start earlier getting comfortable with something more up to date. Also  understanding more, and being able to describe more how the suspension was or wasn't working for me, was a big reason i wanted to run this season  on a newer bike. If i do stay with the 03 for this season, i'm still gonna have a blast.

twilkinson3

Has the suspension been gone thru and setup professionally yet? if not do that...makes a big change most times....

LoneStar

Quote from: twilkinson3 on March 05, 2013, 12:52:28 PM
Has the suspension been gone thru and setup professionally yet? if not do that...makes a big change most times....
I hope so.  Just got mine overhauled and we're gonna start working at the track on setup.  My suspension was a total hoopty last year.  I really believe I am losing a couple seconds because of bad lines b/c chassis not settling well on entry and I can't be as aggressive on the gas on exit b/c of wallowing.  Plus I feel like I'm working too hard getting it side to side.  Some days, I just didn't feel right riding a bucking horse so I didn't push it.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

brendan113

I had the 20mm penske put in beggining of last season and set up for my weight but at the time didnt know as much about what the bike can do compared to what it is doing. For most the season I was under the impression that the problems I was having were completely on me as a rider, next year I definately plan on having a suspension guy work with me a bunch of days to see what is possible. I remember specifically taking a sharp left and running wide everytime then having a hard time flipping bike from left to right. Got me thinking

MELK-MAN

Quote from: brendan113 on March 05, 2013, 03:32:03 PM
I had the 20mm penske put in beggining of last season and set up for my weight but at the time didnt know as much about what the bike can do compared to what it is doing. For most the season I was under the impression that the problems I was having were completely on me as a rider, next year I definately plan on having a suspension guy work with me a bunch of days to see what is possible. I remember specifically taking a sharp left and running wide everytime then having a hard time flipping bike from left to right. Got me thinking

FWI, there is a good eye-to-eye shock measurement for a 2nd gen r6. any good suspension guy will know it. then i ran about 25mm of fork tube showing above the clamp on the 2nd gen bike. keep in mind the bike came stock with clip ons that were ABOVE the triple clamp. many try to run the forks close to flush like the 3rd gen bike (i run 10mm of fork above my clamp on my 08).. and that won't work for MOST riders.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

brendan113

Quote from: brendan113 on March 05, 2013, 03:32:03 PM

I remember specifically taking a sharp left and running wide everytime then having a hard time flipping bike from left to right. Got me thinking

I believe this was turn 4 and 5 at vir.

I run my clip-ons under tripple and believe i have the forks out about the same.

brendan113

0-0

LoneStar

Quote from: brendan113 on March 06, 2013, 08:05:19 AM
I believe this was turn 4 and 5 at vir.

I run my clip-ons under tripple and believe i have the forks out about the same.
Turn in later on T4.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

brendan113

I'll keep that in mind next time, hopefully i can get a practice day or two before the races.

brendan113

Keep your eyes out for a freshly painted 2nd gen r6.  8)  @Darren

MELK-MAN

Quote from: brendan113 on March 12, 2013, 03:49:48 PM
Keep your eyes out for a freshly painted 2nd gen r6.  8)  @Darren

sweet ! be sure to put a tiny scratch in some inconspicuous spot for "luck" before you get on track
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

brendan113

Quote from: MELK-MAN on March 12, 2013, 03:55:52 PM
sweet ! be sure to put a tiny scratch in some inconspicuous spot for "luck" before you get on track

Hahaa Thanks man, will do. Guy told me that the light weight paint adds hp too lol jk!