Regina chain rivet link

Started by ccs354, May 16, 2002, 08:58:38 AM

ccs354

I have a Regina ORD X-Ring 520 chain.  I got the rivet master link.  

I have not been able to notice a change in the head of the rivet links no matter how hard I crank down on the rivet tool (Motion Pro rivet tool).  The rivet posts are solid and it seems nearly impossible to "mushroom over" the edges.  I have tried as hard as I can by hand and without putting an extension on the wrench (which I don't really want to do).  I can see a slight depression in the tip of the rivets from the rivet tool, but that is about it.  

Has anyone had any experience with this chain or a master link like it?  Do you know what the specs are on the flare of the rivet link?  

Thanks.

CBRman93

I have used Regina chains for the past several years and put them on myself without riveters, etc. The best thing I found to mushroom the rivet is a ball peen hammer. Just take care not to damage the links since using a hammer is not delicate nor precise. My last two chains lasted for a very long time and I have had no problems.

Ben
CCS#501
NESBA #132

wally600

I doesn't take much, if you try to see it mushroom its almost at the point of breaking it.  It's probably good if you said you cranked on it real hard.  I broke one doing the same thing your doing.

ysr612

yes read the directions there is a sharp point on the expander it doesnt' take much to keep the side plate on.  do not destroy the oring.  the post looks about the same after expanding then before.