News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Midwest 2013

Started by SV88, November 23, 2012, 07:28:38 AM

ymracing

I haven't raced Gateway since the early 90's and it was a bit hairy, ARMCO a bit too close and stuff.  What changes might make me want to go back?  Putnam is a reasonable track.  I liked to conduct my schools there.  Wide track, not too technical and plenty of runoff.  Exciting....well I have made it that way by overcooking the bus stop on a couple of occasions and big bear has made me suck seat foam up my rectum too....

I'm hoping to run some CCS races this year as an older F40 guy.

Garry
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

Sobottka

There is nothing fun about Gateway. Nothing fun about turn 1, turn 2, turn 4, turn 7 (? the one in the back that goes back on the banking), the goat path,  the no passing zone, the transition to the front straight after the goat path or the curbing found everywhere. So what's that leave in such a fun place that might be safe? ...T3, T5?  You can have it all, I'm out.... I can't even believe motorcycles are allowed there.
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Burt Munro

Quote from: Sobottka on November 26, 2012, 07:03:48 PM
There is nothing fun about Gateway. Nothing fun about turn 1, turn 2, turn 4, turn 7 (? the one in the back that goes back on the banking), the goat path,  the no passing zone, the transition to the front straight after the goat path or the curbing found everywhere. So what's that leave in such a fun place that might be safe? ...T3, T5?  You can have it all, I'm out.... I can't even believe motorcycles are allowed there.
. What's good about it? Uh, it's close to Strip Clubs?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Sobottka

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 26, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
. What's good about it? Uh, it's close to Strip Clubs?
Maybe I need to re-think this......
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Grasshopper

Just back it off a notch at Gateway and don't crash and die. At least it's not blackhawk repeated over and over again.

I'm betting that Putnam date will be removed or changed being it's on the same date as Topeka. Both on the same weekend doesn't make any sense. I'm also betting one of those Gateway rounds go away as well. I'd really like to see the solid schedule. Any idea when it will be a done deal?

Apr 20-21: Putnam Park
Apr 20-21: Heartland Park Topeka** Twin Sprints
May 18-19: Blackhawk Farms Raceway
May 25-26: Gateway International Raceway
June 29-30: Gateway International Raceway
July 6-7: Road America** Twin Sprints
July 20-21: Blackhawk Farms Raceway** Twin Sprints
Aug 17-18: Blackhawk Farms Raceway
Sep 7-8: Gateway International Raceway
Sep 21-22: Blackhawk Farms Raceway** Twin Sprints
Oct 5-6: Gateway International Raceway
Nicholas

j_fuggin_t

i like the middle of the year Road america & love the putnam date, i could do without going to blackhawk all the time, but i won't be heading to gateway.

truckstop

Pretty sure that's not the Midwest schedule. Midwest will be BHF and RA for sure, not sure where the HPT and Putty rounds will land, but I'm guessing the Great Plains region is coming back and that's where the Gateway rounds will be. One of them may end up on the MW schedule, but that's not the end of the world.

Either way I don't care as long as Gateway doesn't end up on the ASRA or TC schedule.

Shipley81

Quote from: j_fuggin_t on November 27, 2012, 03:57:40 PM
i like the middle of the year Road america & love the putnam date, i could do without going to blackhawk all the time, but i won't be heading to gateway.
Gateway wasn't bad last year, we had some decent races with MCRA there.  Andre and I will be joining up with CCS this year though for more races.
MCRA/CCS: AM#81
2009 R6
2010 Ninja 250
Sponsors: Shermoto, AggRacing, Hotbodies, Pitbul, Silkolene, EBC

design-engine

I didnt do MCRA last year because of gateway

Grasshopper

Chatting with Eric over email. He says possibly no Gateway rounds for Midwest. He also said Putnam will
Not be on Midwest Schedule which sucks
Nicholas

j_fuggin_t

Quote from: Grasshopper on November 28, 2012, 12:18:30 PM
Chatting with Eric over email. He says possibly no Gateway rounds for Midwest. He also said Putnam will
Not be on Midwest Schedule which sucks
thats a big buzzkill.. one man can only take so much of BHF LOL

Grasshopper

Quote from: j_fuggin_t on November 28, 2012, 01:31:13 PM
thats a big buzzkill.. one man can only take so much of BHF LOL

How bout it right?!? If they can separate the Topeka and Purnam dates they should offer points in both regions.
Nicholas