News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Newbie ? re: 2013 Sched

Started by ymracing, November 14, 2012, 11:09:03 AM

ymracing

New to CCS;  when does the schedule normally get posted and when are membership dues ah, uh, due?

Probably somewhere on the site, but I'm not competent enough to find it.

Garry #72 AHRMA/CCS
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

Burt Munro

Ding, ding, ding.
We have a winner! It took til November 14th this year.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Shipley81

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 14, 2012, 11:46:01 AM
Ding, ding, ding.
We have a winner! It took til November 14th this year.
So who guessed closest?
MCRA/CCS: AM#81
2009 R6
2010 Ninja 250
Sponsors: Shermoto, AggRacing, Hotbodies, Pitbul, Silkolene, EBC

GSXR RACER MIKE

I thought somebody had already popped the cork asking for 2013 race schedule - maybe I'm wrong? I believe on Facebook someone said they asked Eric and he said it would be right after Thanksgiving.

You can purchase a CCS race license anytime, but specific competition number availability is another thing. Current 2012 numbers expire at the end of the year, any 2012 CCS race license holder who mails in their 2013 race license renewal form before the cut-off date (I'm going to make up a date, how about January 1, 2013) get's to keep their current number if they choose to (all except for the Top 10 numbers which are assigned every season). Previously held 2012 competition numbers not claimed by the cut-off date are then up for grabs, the way the order is chosen as to who gets specific available 2013 numbers is by the order that the 2013 race app's are received at CCS's office.

If you have no preference as to a competition number you could actually show up to the first race event your planning on racing at and choose an available number and do the race license at that time. BUT...I highly discourage that and suggest you get all of that out of the way sooner than later and show up to the track not needing to mess with that stuff. You also need to decide what you want to do about the transmitter required to be on your bike(s), most people buy them, but there is a limited number of them available to rent from CCS per event (1st come, 1st served).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Eric Kelcher

Garry,

Mike is right, ony thing is the deadline to renew and maintain 2012 competiton numbers has not been set yet but anticipate it being Jan 7.

Here is link to 2013 license application http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2013/license/2013%20license%20app%20(mail).pdf
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ymracing

Thanks to the majority.  Guess I have been spoiled by racing w/AHRMA for the past too many years.  Their schedule has been up for about a month.   Haven't raced with CCS since the early 90's.

Do want to keep my number with CCS to make it easier for me as it is my AHRMA number and means a lot to me.  Belonged to my close friend and CCS endurance partner Jan Svensson who passed away this year.

Will use the link and head for it post haste.

Garry
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...