Questions about preregistering for season

Started by Grasshopper, November 06, 2012, 05:23:50 PM

Grasshopper

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight here. So let's say I decide to preregister for the entire season. Does that mean I get put on pole for every race I registered for. Does CCS determine where a racer is gridded by who gives them money first?

I could see how this could make sense for the first round of a season. But not for the entire season. I think it makes more sense to grid racers per when they get their money in before round 1 of the season and then after that grid the racers per their points standing.

So depending on the answer I get on this. Say I do pay for the whole season upfront. If there is a family emergency and I can't make that weekend am I screwed out of that money?

How does a CCS member / racer go about suggesting a rule change? What steps need to be taken and what is the best way to get as many racers on my side?
Nicholas

Grasshopper

Nicholas

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Yes, the first one in gets pole. The first to enter all races and you will be the first on the grid. Pole means nothing with CCS grids because there are three others on the front row at the same distance from turn one. I always have a better shot coming from the far side of the track into turn one, just my experience with it.

In speculating I would say that doing it in this manner for pre entries from the logistical book keeping standpoint is the least time consuming. Imagine checking all 600 entries when it comes time to formulate the grids. Yes I know all regions don't have those numbers but there are some that do.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Xian_13

Most CCS stuff is by time of registration. (read Midwest regional)

ARSA rounds are by qualifing or by points. Per schedule time.
ASRA TC is by registration.

-X

CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Eric Kelcher

Nick,

Here is refund policy and form for 2012. We do not antiicapte any major, if any, for the 2013 season.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2012/entry/2012%20request%20for%20credit.pdf
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Grasshopper

Nicholas