WIN A RACEBIKE TO SUPPORT THE MARRC INJURED MEMBERS’ FUND

Started by ZXYBCH, November 01, 2012, 10:56:24 AM

ZXYBCH

Here’s your chance to win an iconic, fully prepped race bike AND help out the Mid Atlantic Road Racing Club’s Injured Member Fund!
The IMF was established to help alleviate the burdens that a MARRC member faces from injuries sustained while participating as a racer, cornerworker, or racing official in a sanctioned roadracing event. The IMF committee, upon receipt of a nomination, can approve and allocate up to $500 per member per incident toward the injured member’s expenses. Since the fund was instituted in 2001, over 25 members have received such assistance.
To continue helping those in need, MARRC is asking for donations to the fund. Adam Wentling of Chief Wildman’s Racing is putting up his iconic “”Al Wilcox Tribute Motorcycle”” for raffle, and wants to donate the proceeds to the IMF!
Adam is offering one hundred tickets at $100 apiece; he plans to have the drawing and make the donation at the 2013 MARRC Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet in February (tentative date 23 February 2013; please check www.marrc.orgor the MARRC Facebook page for updates).
This bike was featured in the April 2012 issue of Motorcyclist Magazine.
Bike Specs:
--1999 Suzuki SV 650 fully prepped Race Bike (including safety wiring)
--Clean title
--Stock wiring harness, so addition of a headlight and turn signals would convert it for street use.
--Custom paint job featuring “Flyin’ Al Wilcox” on Sharkskinz bodywork and powder coating on the frame, wheels, swingarm, fork tubes, and top triple tree
--GOODRIDGE steel brake lines
--Vesrah RJL Brake pads
--520 RK Chain Vortex sprockets
--Traxxion dynamics cartridges in front forks
--Penske Rear Shock 8900 Series, fully serviced by Penske
--Pro TEK Rear Sets
--WoodCraft Clipons
--Full M4 Stainless Exhaust
--All new bearings
--Bike runs and rides great, slight cosmetic damage on right side from a lowside crash in turn one at Summit Point Raceway.   
Help MARRC out for a good cause, and YOU may be the one to win a piece of history!   
Donations may be made by check to MARRC and mailed to PO BOX 3407, Winchester, VA 22604 or sent via Paypal to chiefwildman@comcast.net. The first 100 donors to send $100 or more will receive a raffle ticket.  Please include the address to which you want your ticket to be mailed.
MARRC Cornerworker @ Summit Point
Street: 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Track: 2000 SV650
CCS#872

I ride motorcycles cuz Daddy never got me that pony I wanted!

ZXYBCH

Please note: this is not a formal MARRC-sponsored raffle. This is a raffle, as stated in the flyer, run by Adam, who wants to donate the net proceeds to MARRC's IMF.
MARRC Cornerworker @ Summit Point
Street: 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Track: 2000 SV650
CCS#872

I ride motorcycles cuz Daddy never got me that pony I wanted!