Homestead trackday

Started by design-engine, October 31, 2012, 11:57:12 AM

design-engine

Im thinking about driving down for the homestead race in December.  Can anyone tell me if there is a trackday on Thrs or Friday?  I know there is race practice on Saturday and race on Sunday but I was wondering about a trackday Thrus or Friday?  If I had to make a steriotype, I would note that you FL folks arnt to hard on the brakes

Blackhawk is arguably the most technical track in the CCS lineup.  It would take 5+ days on the track for an expert to get down below 1:11 laptimes.  To win at Blackhawk you need 1:10 or better.

roadracer162

Check with the penguin school gor a Friday track day.

Florida riders don't really need brakes. We keep it pinned for as long as we can.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Sobottka

Quote from: design-engine on October 31, 2012, 11:57:12 AM
Im thinking about driving down for the homestead race in December.  Can anyone tell me if there is a trackday on Thrs or Friday?  I know there is race practice on Saturday and race on Sunday but I was wondering about a trackday Thrus or Friday?  If I had to make a steriotype, I would note that you FL folks arnt to hard on the brakes

Blackhawk is arguably the most technical track in the CCS lineup.  It would take 5+ days on the track for an expert to get down below 1:11 laptimes.  To win at Blackhawk you need 1:10 or better.

5 days? That depends on who you're talking about here. One thing I didnt realize is how fast the midwest guys are until I did some traveling. Just look at all the heavy hitters we have, there's serious buisness going down in the midwest with CCS!!!
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

design-engine

5 days is pushing it a little but I did pad it some for the technical stance of the Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

MELK-MAN

you better be very good on the brakes to ride Homestead fast.. it's basically 4 straights tied together with a few turns. cool part is all the turns are a bit different. from fast entry and decreasing radius, to on the gas opening radius turns, to hairpin. But ya better put some new pads on the bike.. and i will tell ya this. The FL region riders don't muck about. Don't expect any invitations to pass :)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Gino230

Is the brake the lever on the left or the right handlebar? I always forget. I do know what the feet do though...

Seriously though, Daytona isn't what I would call a hard braking track. Sure you have turn 1 and the chicane, but Homestead is a different story.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

design-engine

MELK-MAN

Quote from: design-engine on November 03, 2012, 09:43:28 AM
Ill be there Friday night.

Bart, I'm pretty sure there is a Penguin Track school on friday.. you don't have to do the school, but can just pay for the track ride portion and slot in with the expert group to get some additional track time. Saturday will be like JenningsGP practice day.. 4 groups with the track day rider session out 1st. then racin on Sunday only
http://www.penguinracing.com/pages/4_school_schedule.cfm the schedule shows them being there on Friday , nov 30

kpw

Holy crap Bart you really go to a ton of tracks. How the heck do find the time to keep heading down to Florida. Good for you, with all that seat time during the winter you are gonna be fast back here at BHF. btw this Kevin #112 light blue kawi. Good luck down there!! :cheers:

Andrei

Quote from: kpw on November 04, 2012, 06:32:22 PM
Holy crap Bart you really go to a ton of tracks. How the heck do find the time to keep heading down to Florida. Good for you, with all that seat time during the winter you are gonna be fast back here at BHF. btw this Kevin #112 light blue kawi. Good luck down there!! :cheers:

obviously, that is the plan ... duh ! :)
787ex

hdpromos

We offer 6 rounds of track day practice on Saturday for those that are not racing. The cost is $100.

HD

design-engine

looks like Im stuck doing just Saturday practice.  Im going to fly and drive all day friday. 

roadracer162

You will have more than enough sessions to learn the track. Passing the guys is a different story.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

I may make a surprise visit there.Im only going to do 1 practice  and 1 or 2 races,not with my bikes.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

MELK-MAN

Quote from: apriliaman on November 17, 2012, 11:35:43 AM
I may make a surprise visit there.Im only going to do 1 practice  and 1 or 2 races,not with my bikes.

it's a pretty cool track Mark. lots of hard braking areas, i would google some youtube vids if you have not been there (good idea for any track someone hasn't been to really).

leeroy996

Quote from: apriliaman on November 17, 2012, 11:35:43 AM

Come down Mark

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

I would like to bring my fzr but i will be driving a car there.I will be borrowing a bike there to ride in supersport only and ill have 3rd overall in the class.
3 National Championships

apriliaman

I'll be with my boss that weekend at Sarasota doing the tough mudder compition and he wants to go home early so now I won't be able to make it.
3 National Championships

design-engine

how is Homestead in the wet?  I mean if we get the unlucky end of 20 percent rain?

hdpromos

We don't expect rain but it is very grippy and safe. We have raced it many times in the rain.

roadracer162

The AMA group raced in the rain, and damn they are fast.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MELK-MAN

as stated above, we have had bunches of races in the rain there over the years..
Don't forget about the Penguin track school/track ride Friday!