News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Florida Riders Dominate ROC (again)

Started by hdpromos, October 23, 2012, 11:00:35 AM

roadracer162

Time to change your signature Gino and yeah you are right.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

leeroy996

Quote from: supercarl on October 24, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

idk about that lol. Come out to blackhawk next year and see what us midwesterners can do  :cheers: .

I think if ROC was held at a track that isnt focused so much on horsepower there would've been different outcomes. I was getting killed on the straights.
Still got one national title though  :biggrin:

But good riding from everyone there! All the champions deserved their wins!

Congrats on your title Carl.  The guys from Florida you raced against were first timers to Daytona on stock bikes.
Florida has competitive racing with a lot of fast guys not just 2 or 3. 

Tdub

Had the 16 yr old rule not been in effect, the results would have been much different!!!

Race fan

I agree the fast riders won no matter where they are from. I agree some people won on stock bikes. Hell the GTO winner only race all year was that one race on a stock bike. How do you explain that? Florida is full of good races and you will get another chance next year to prove otherwise. Stay safe!

design-engine

Horsepower
I passed 3 people or more on the infield *on the brakes* and got passed back on the banking by the same folks.  Ill get an engine rebuild just before next year's Daytona. 

roadracer162

If you have the horsepower why bother kill oneself on the infield. If the bike is built for speed, tuned for speed, use it. If I am in the front I only go as fast as is necessary to stay in front.

Horsepower really is an advantage but it isn't all there is.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Gino230

Daytona is a unique track, and horsepower is always an advantage, but Daytona is much more technical than most people realize. You can outbrake everyone into the International OR West horseshoes, but going deep is NOT the fastest way around there. I was able to keep most of the LW field behind me despite riding an 8 year old SS legal Ducati Supersport...and I was WAY down on horsepower. One of the Bimotas was clocked at 160 MPH on the banking....they literally FLEW by me on the banking....but in the end, I was in front.

On the flip side, I'm fairly certain I had the fastest machine in Thunderbike, but I was not able to win the races. The riders that finished ahead of me were faster where it counted.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Wavrdr

This was my first time riding/racing Daytona. After a crash in practice on Thursday, my bike was only about 90% both power and weight wise.....on a Triumph 675 none the less....

I was able to clinch two wins, even though my bike wasn't completely dialed. It's determination and a willingness to figure things out.....IMO

Thanks for the opportunity to race with you guys....it was a pleasure!

Alan CCS AM #159