F-40 points question...

Started by jigs, September 29, 2012, 04:03:48 PM

jigs

Gotta feeling this has been discussed but why again does none of the F-40 points go to the final regional standings?? Thanks..

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Burt Munro

Because the younger riders felt like they were being discriminated against if the points were included. They were being a bunch of pussy's about it. :-)
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

gixxer188

We pay our money to race the race just like everyone else, so who's being discriminated against?  And while we're at it lets do away with the performance index! :)
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

steve p

Quote from: jigs on September 29, 2012, 04:03:48 PM
Gotta feeling this has been discussed but why again does none of the F-40 points go to the final regional standings?? Thanks..

Same reason Heavyweight Twins doesn't count or Femme Moto doesn't count.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

leeroy996

Quote from: jigs on September 29, 2012, 04:03:48 PM

Old people don't deserve any points..... :lmao:

jigs

Well it's funny because every F-40 racer I know,Twins and Femoto also race in all the other classes,plus F-40's been expanded so much now,and frankly of you look at most the riders the lap times are lower than alot of other classes......they're all competitive classes (all the F-40)

twilkinson3

I would have to say because each of the above is a restricted class - would technically give a 40+ more points to earn in a year than the rest of the competition (just guessing here) under the age of 40

of course you could say the same about racing a 600 vs a liter bike.....

roadracer162

So I guess the fix would be to have the unlimited GP class be the run for the number one plate? All bikes are capable of running in that class
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

twilkinson3

Lol Mark the ninja 250 guys will definitely win that one 8-)p

roadracer162

Quote from: twilkinson3 on October 01, 2012, 05:53:43 PM
Lol Mark the ninja 250 guys will definitely win that one 8-)p

If they all crash they would do fine. Farewell are they going fast enough to crash?

Can you sense my sarcasm?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

leeroy996

Over 40; Ninja 250 and raced in the parking lot. :lmao: