News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wal-Mart Run

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 30, 2003, 06:44:45 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Just went to Wally-World to pick up the last few things I need for the races.  Just curious as to what everybody normally brings.  I bring food from my gracious sponsor, Mr & Mrs BBQ, along with chips and snacks, etc.  I also bring a TON of Gatorade, about 6 Red Bull's (darn things are $1.78 each even at Wal-Mart), and probably 24 bottles of water for my wife and I, and of course for anybody that needs a little help or that pops in and lends us a hand.  We usually eat out 1 night of the trip, and have fast food once or twice while driving, depending on how far it is.  What about ya'll?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

harb990

6 Red Bull or other energy drinks, chips, ham/lunch meat, cheese, buns, 2-6 packs of Lemon Propel, a gallon jug of water and at least a 12-pack of Bud Light (for the end of the race day)

MightyDuc Racing

Isn't Red Bull great?  Tastes like cold Pepto, but sure does work! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

harb990

I actually like 180 better.  It's made by Anheuser-Busch and tastes like orange soda, but Red Bull is more available and isn't too bad, especially with a little Absolut   ;)

Wally World was carrying something called Piranha - the citrus was ok and a little cheaper than the others, but havent seen it there in a while.

motard11

Hay Duc I wonder if your excited about this weekend ? Ill bet you wont get any sleep ;D I had big plans of racing this weekend but as I know you know how this feels. Last weekend I went to Jennings to practice for CCS and I blew my motor AGAIN!! I just calmly loaded up and said $hit!!. However my bud toped me with a wicked hi-side about 4 rolls over all I gave it a 7 it had a good beat but it was hard to dance to. He is ok but his bike and next weekend went up in flames :-[  We might come out on Sun just to watch hopefully that wont be to painfull. What a weekend ,we went from practiceing for the race to going to watch one . Damn it all        Motard11 ;)

DRU2

At the Hustlers pits you cand find us dinning on sausages and steaks&pork chops mostly.the steaks are the cheap ones but who cares they taste good. and we always grill hot peppers for some taste. Seems that when were at the track were always on that akins diet!

MightyDuc Racing

Gotta love Adkins!!!  Hey Motard...really sorry to hear that.  Hopefully it'll be a tad bit cheaper for you to make your repairs than it was for me...lol.  Darn Ducs!  Make sure to come and find me if you decide to go watch.  I stuck around at Moroso and watched most of the races till the rain came, and it wasn't too awful bad.  At least you can armchair race and tell everybody "I coulda beat him!". ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

KBOlsen

Yep... pork rinds (the spicy ones!), fresh fruit and vegetables, gallons of water, diet sodas, burgers and chops and sausage and steaks and chicken... and don't forget the CHEEEEESE!

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

EX#996

We really don't eat any different at the track than we do at home.  But then again we have a motor home so that makes a big difference (stove, refidgerator, oven, storage space).   :D

Dawn

PS  Kim - I have a bottle of 'Strawberry Hill' for you!   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tug296

Motrin.

Henry Madsen  #296  am.   F.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

spyderchick

Yogurt and fruit for the morning, nuts for energy throughout the day, cottage cheese or tuna/chicken/egg salad for lunch, fruit salad as well, dinner at alvarez's at BHF, tons of water and a bit of gatorade. And every so often we treat ourselves to  Wisconsin cheese curds, provided they're squeeky and fresh. ;D No fast food, and very little junk food. Read "Fast Food Nation", you won't want to patronize those outfits very much anymore.  
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Eric Kelcher

gallon of water per person per day, 2 quarts gatorade per racer then two bananas per rider per day, lots of sunscreen from SPF8 to 50, I also like a bit of a munchy type food either chips or jerky.

Don't fix much food at the track anymore the trailer lost about 5 feet of space over the years but I al ways loved hanging out at the track with buds but a real dinner that someone else made has beenpart of the routine for last few years.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

dwilson

Money, tent, chairs, canopy, rugs, power inverter, lights, cute girls ::), radio, golf umbrella, comfy clothes, food & drink, tools, gas (5 gal)...

I'd like to bring a fridge & microwave to Summit with me and use their electricity.  I also want to bring an air conditioner to cool my canopy.  

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteMotrin.

;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Pit_Girl

Naw.... see, all you need is some Lay's KC Masterpiece potato chips, some mountain dew, and some "white boyz" (keebler elf cookies)  ;D
but then again, i already have my white boy.... ;D  (sorry nate, had to say it ;D  :-*)

-jennifer

Protein Filled

You forgot the beer, the rum and the nuts... ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteYou forgot the beer, the rum and the nuts... ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

criminalspeed

I'm writing most of this down. 8)

spyderchick

What, your 'puter doesn't have a "print" button? ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Stumpy requires a double batch of my home-made chocolate chip cookies that are just about raw in the middle.  He calls them power bars.  

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteStumpy requires a double batch of my home-made chocolate chip cookies that are just about raw in the middle.  He calls them power bars.  

I guess that would just depend on what he's trying to power. :o

;D

Chef

Dood,
i am truly Fortunate!, got a couple friends that have talent, but nothing exciting to do on race weekends ???

so i make sure to pick up Red (my brother and trackside mechanic), and Lonette ( Long time friend, Pit boss and COOK!!!)

MAN!!!, one time she blind-sided me with a plate of CHICKEN ALFREDO :o

nooo argument from the Chef on that one...... till afterwards   ;D

" you know we gotta watch them carbs..."    ;D

oh yea, empty plate by then....

;D  Ike    :)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

shook1

and I thought you were the chef???

Oh, I see.......you just cook out on the track ;D

Watch out ya'll the Chef is fittin' to smoke yo ass...

Chef

Well Thanks for the confidence booster, Ice !...

wutsup witcho arm ??.....
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

shook1

Impacted radial fracture..basically the bone in my forearm smashed into the upper arm fracturing the radial head and all the stuff in between.  Damn hard finding a good orthopedic in my network, but I'm still trying.  Hopefully, I don't need surgury, I actually may be out for the season if that happens.

Crazy....Seven months of waiting to race just to get seven turns in at Road A before getting taken out by an unknown rider.  

I'm shooting to return at Gateway in June.....

tshort

Melatonin.  (I actually shouldn't be telling anyone this - it *is* the secret weapon).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

EmerWil

food you say? :o

Here's what I went thru this weekend:

9 pounds of salad mix
20 cucmbers
4 pints of cherry tomatoes
10 pounds of tuna salad
10 pounds of chicken salad
300 slices of bread
150 slices of cheese
5 pounds of ham
108 chicken cordon bleu's
3 gallons of tomato soup
3 gallons of chicken soup with rice
3 apple pies
1 gallon of rice (before it was cooked)
#10 can of corn (for corn salad)
10 pounds of potatoes
2 pounds of broccoli
10 large red onions

For me? no..I was cooking for the WORLD FAMOUS MARRC safety crew!!  hehe

tigerblade

Quotefood you say? :o

Here's what I went thru this weekend:

10 pounds of tuna salad

10 large red onions

Better throw an industrial-size box of Tic-Tacs in next time!   :-X   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

EmerWil

that's one of the tactics to keep you on track!!  Would you want one of the cornerworkers coming over to YOU after they ate?? haha

Extra incentive to be "self cleaning" and to keep those handle bars up.

Oh..and don't forget to keep the visor down..lol..

StumpysWife

Now I get it....

After Stumpy's first wreck in the GTU on Friday at RA in turn 6, Stumpy was really mad at himself and cussin' and swearin' up a storm and kickin' gravel and stuff.  The cornerworker offered him a mint!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't remember if he had his tuna sandwich before the GTU or after!

That's just great stuff!