Ultra Light Thunder Bike (Ninja 250 race) Daytona Race of Champions October 2012

Started by CHIRINOM, August 09, 2012, 11:43:17 PM

CHIRINOM

Hey guys,

Has any one heard anything about the Daytona ROC schedule yet? I spoke to Eric last month but have not been able to get through this week. I am a little concerned because the last time that I spoke to him, he mentioned that they were on the fence about running ULTB at Daytona. This would be very disappointing as many of us have been looking forward to racing for the national title. I would definitely like to know in advance so that I can make all of the arrangements to attend.

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

my wife and I are really looking forward to this race, I hope the confirm it soon.

vance

supercarl

I called the CCS office yesterday. I guess Eric's on vacation and someone else quit. So they're kinda short staffed at the moment. Havent heard anything about ULTB at Daytona. Hoping they come out with the schedule soon though!
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

sami888

i am down if they run the class, i am sure 10 or more riders would show up for this class

CHIRINOM

Quote from: vance on August 10, 2012, 08:54:46 AM
Miguel,
Did you guys get the GPS to work at PBIR?

Yes. Dom and Nathaniel from Pro Track Guides provided us with the speed data and I forwarded it to Eric last week. I was clocked at 97.6 at PBIR. The 250's would definitely achieve speeds of over 100MPH with longer gearing. They were under the impression that the 250 was not capable of running over 85MPH. He mentioned that they would consider running the class at Daytona if we were able to provide accurate data showing that the 250 can get closer to 100MPH.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

Jiggyfly

kozikracing

It sure would be nice to know, since we already have hotel reservations made.  Would hate to have Jerry make the trip with Kollin and not be able to race in his usual class!  8)
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

bruce71198

I talked with Kevin at Blackhawk Farms this weekend, he will have news, good or bad, soon. The problem is with time at this event. ARMA, AMA Pro Am and CCS are running in a 4 day time slot. Our class never got figured into that schedule.  Also Blackhawk Farms has a 2400 foot straight, I got my ninja up to 97 MPH ( gps )  repeatedly so I think properly geared 110 mph is feasable.

Jiggyfly

Hopefully we're allowed our due time on the big banking....if not, then shame on you, CCS, for at least not letting it be known that there would be no ULTB ROC race. I know there's a couple of us that we're excited about this from the beginning of the season.

kozikracing

Perhaps a "show of hands" so Eric will know how many ULTB folks across the country would be down for Daytona for sure?  Count 1 for Papa Kozik!  :biggrin:
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion

bruce71198

Our fate lies in the hands of AHRMA, they are trying to schedule our class in with one of theres. Thank you to them for giving us the consideration!! It makes more sense to run with these "like speed" bikes than with the larger ones in CCS, I think if we ran with the Light Weights it would shorten our races by a lap at least !
If they schedule us in I will be there.

vance

Quote from: bruce71198 on August 28, 2012, 09:21:31 AM
Our fate lies in the hands of AHRMA, they are trying to schedule our class in with one of theres. Thank you to them for giving us the consideration!! It makes more sense to run with these "like speed" bikes than with the larger ones in CCS, I think if we ran with the Light Weights it would shorten our races by a lap at least !
If they schedule us in I will be there.
Agreed, and in if they decide to let us run.

CHIRINOM

I am in! I have actually been looking forward to Daytona all season.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

Eric Kelcher

We have made arrangements with AHRMA to run the UlTBK race with them during a race that will see comparable speed machines on the track at the same time.

Thank you for the thoughts suggestions and support for the class this year!
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

bruce71198

Thats good news, now lets get a head count!!!  Lets try to make the grid as full as possible.

Jiggyfly

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on September 04, 2012, 11:29:34 AM
We have made arrangements with AHRMA to run the UlTBK race with them during a race that will see comparable speed machines on the track at the same time.

Thank you for the thoughts suggestions and support for the class this year!

Eric----any idea which day the race will take place? & will there be an expert & am champion crowned?
Or will they be classified together?

CHIRINOM

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

kozikracing

The tentative schedule for Daytona is up on the CCS website under that event, looks like the ULTB class is scheduled to run with AHRMA Sound of Thunder/Formula Vintage class, race #4 on Sunday.  :cheers:
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert

Tri74x

Keep an eye on the schedule. There is quite a large speed differential in these classes and ULTB. I'm most sure we'll see them move the class into a differnt group. Race 4 Friday or race 14 Saturday good spots. Probably won't know until Thurs. at tech....

vance

CHIRINOM

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

Quote from: adrenalinejunkie on October 13, 2012, 09:37:51 AM
are honda sprees and Vespas legal for this class?

I do not believe that they will fit well in ULTB. Here are links to a couple of clubs that do race them, NASRA North American Scooter Racing Association and the pacific scooter racing association. If neither one is close to you, you can also seek out your local mini racing club. They usually have a class which will accommodate scooters.

http://pacificscooterracing.com/
http://usascooterracing.com/

Best of luck!
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

It was good to meet every one and awesome racing with you all last weekend! :cheers:
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com