ChiVinMoto....BHF...6-30

Started by Jwhite316, June 05, 2012, 02:58:48 PM

alocker

I thought seeing the Vintage bikes were cool, but I also did not run with them so I cannot comment on lines or closing speeds.

Someone should look closely at the lap times and maybe put all the vintage classes together alone.  It's good for CCS to have them out there if they can figure out how we can all get along. 
MW AM #454

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: tevbax on July 02, 2012, 02:08:23 PM

Heres his message on WSB:

Did LWGP instead of rookies cup. Didnt want to have near back to backs in the heat. 6th out of 6. Had a "moment" towards the end when the leaders came by me (again). Guy went to the inside of me, I ende up playing on the potholes and went way wide and another guy was going around the outside and ended up pushing him damn near off the rumbles. Tried to find him afterward to apologise. Just couldnt get it to turn more.

Just a FYI, the only race I was in that Kevin V.E. was in was the LWGP and he won. Also my post you quoted from WSB.  :thumb:  And mine is a SV.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tevbax

Quote from: tevbax on July 02, 2012, 02:08:23 PM

Heres his message on WSB:

Did LWGP instead of rookies cup. Didnt want to have near back to backs in the heat. 6th out of 6. Had a "moment" towards the end when the leaders came by me (again). Guy went to the inside of me, I ende up playing on the potholes and went way wide and another guy was going around the outside and ended up pushing him damn near off the rumbles. Tried to find him afterward to apologise. Just couldnt get it to turn more.

By the way... this should be deleted. I jumped the gun and posted incorrect information.

CCS AM 217

Jwhite316

Quote from: Xian_13 on July 02, 2012, 08:04:38 PM
Maybe the classes need to be restructured.
Maybe, they can't run the vintage bikes with classes they thought.

From you, I hear you talk about safety and closing speeds.
Instead of complaining about the problem you have, help find a solution.

Next BHF weekend, I will have my TZ out in practice, with you.
If you would like to discuss closing speeds with me, I will be happy to have an adult discussion with you.
Look for Expert #140.

As far as the LWGP, that incident was two Ninja 250s going around a SV650

I for one, want the sport to grow.
I also enjoy seeing the vintage bikes race.
Not to mention the envy I have, for not owning one at this moment.

-X

P.s. I was working as a corner marshal on Sunday, and I never saw/heard of any one of the vintage guys crashing.

My solution would be to have them run on the track on their own.  True, none of them crashed but that was not my concern.  The closing speed was just too uncomfortable.  I think if you took a poll from those who shared the track with them, they'd agree.  It was also hard to find clear track in morning practice.  Also based on how large the grids were this past weekend, I would say using that cost-cutting method is no longer needed.  Just my thoughts.
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

backMARKr

Quote from: CSBRacing 3:17 on July 03, 2012, 03:19:06 PM
  Also based on how large the grids were this past weekend, I would say using that cost-cutting method is no longer needed.  Just my thoughts.

No dog in this fight as I was not there, but if the results are reflective of the grid sizes, in LW they were quite small. ~10 looked like the largest AM grid. (yes I saw that the MW grid #s were larger but still by no means big).

I would disagree that searching for opportunities to make a race weekend profitable are no longer required.
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

motomaniac

I thought the vintage bikes did good and were fun to watch.  You guys crack me up..whining about closing speeds.  Run a combined am/ex 600 race and start lapping lappers in 2 laps with the am. guys riding nowhere near predictable.   The vintage bikes are a nice addition to the schedule.
Ex#61

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: motomaniac on July 04, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
I thought the vintage bikes did good and were fun to watch.  You guys crack me up..whining about closing speeds.  Run a combined am/ex 600 race and start lapping lappers in 2 laps with the am. guys riding nowhere near predictable.   The vintage bikes are a nice addition to the schedule.

Or try the rookie cup race where theres bikes from Ninja250's & 125's to liter bikes in one race.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

HerbigCBR

Ill gladly race with the vintage guys if it mean we can go back to a 2 day format. Then we can split up some of the experts and amateurs as well.
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

Woofentino Pugrossi

If we keep the grids going up thats the plan Jared.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Jwhite316

Quote from: backMARKr on July 03, 2012, 10:33:00 PM
No dog in this fight as I was not there, but if the results are reflective of the grid sizes, in LW they were quite small. ~10 looked like the largest AM grid. (yes I saw that the MW grid #s were larger but still by no means big).

I would disagree that searching for opportunities to make a race weekend profitable are no longer required.

10 bikes in LW Am is quite large I would say.  There  were several occasions last year that LW Am had 1 or 2 bikes.  Even in the hayday, 10 was a good size grid.  MW is always going to be larger than LW.  If you want to save costs and all that, be my guest but don't do it at the expense of the other riders safety and results.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzWeZ-oZPM&feature=channel&list=UL watch at about 10 min in, Kevin comes up on two vintage bikes at the end of the race and ends up getting passed after having a 1.5 sec. gap. 

Burt Munro

Quote from: CSBRacing 3:17 on July 05, 2012, 09:40:11 AM
10 bikes in LW Am is quite large I would say.  There  were several occasions last year that LW Am had 1 or 2 bikes.  Even in the hayday, 10 was a good size grid.  MW is always going to be larger than LW.  If you want to save costs and all that, be my guest but don't do it at the expense of the other riders safety and results.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzWeZ-oZPM&feature=channel&list=UL watch at about 10 min in, Kevin comes up on two vintage bikes at the end of the race and ends up getting passed after having a 1.5 sec. gap. 
So you're saying that having the vintage bikes on the track with the LW's caused him to get passed by Ed Key on the last lap?

Sorry, but I don't recognize who you are or how long you've been around, but that's been a pretty standard tactic for Ed for over 30 years!  If you started a list of people that he's done that to you'd need a decent sized notebook.

Ed frequently only rides as fast as he has to to conserve energy and his bike. Especially on a day when track conditions weren't the best.

I think you need to attribute that last lap pass to over 100 National Championships worth of experience and not some slower bikes on the track.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jwhite316

Quote from: Burt Munro on July 05, 2012, 10:37:29 AM
So you're saying that having the vintage bikes on the track with the LW's caused him to get passed by Ed Key on the last lap?

Sorry, but I don't recognize who you are or how long you've been around, but that's been a pretty standard tactic for Ed for over 30 years!  If you started a list of people that he's done that to you'd need a decent sized notebook.

Ed frequently only rides as fast as he has to to conserve energy and his bike. Especially on a day when track conditions weren't the best.

I think you need to attribute that last lap pass to over 100 National Championships worth of experience and not some slower bikes on the track.

I agree, Im not questioning Ed's talent.  They way mentally wears down the guys he's racing with is downright amazing.  His tatics are valentino-eske.  But, Kevin had a gap that IMO Ed could not make up.  He was on his slower bike and Kevin was running with his hair on fire.  The vintage bikes are just too slow IMO.  I think if they combined all of the other vintage classes to run at the same time on their own.