Class Act

Started by Frank Angel, May 15, 2002, 08:05:14 AM

Frank Angel

This past weekend at Summit Nate Kern had one of the kids that he works with at school as a guest to watch the races. Tyler is a great kid with a lot of spirit - he's in a wheelchair and doesn't get around quite as well as the rest of us.

Anyway, after winning, Lee Acree autographed his first place wood and gave it to Tyler. It was a spontaneous and wonderful effort that I wanted to publicly acknowledge and make everyone in CCS aware of the type of class that's around.

Thanks, Lee, you really contributed to Tyler's special weekend.

sportbikepete

Hey Frank I was wondering who that was with Nate, good job guys. That kid looked like he had a blast!

Zanyeights

In 2000 I raced all the WERA Nationals but one.  All of the Arclight boys were class acts.  Tray, Chris and Lee all took time out from their schedule to talk to you about anything.  I even asked Tray Batey for advice on T1 ar IRP (superfast righthander with a helluva lot of bumps in it) and he took time out to give me his take on it.  I would take both my daughters to the track  (1 1/2 and 12) and Arclight would always talk to them and Chris even brought over one if his plaques from the Endurance race and gave it to my little one.  Even Chuck Warren gave me advice on rear sag and suspension setup.  Those guys are great and I root for them everytime I see them on SPD.  Just saw Lee a few hours ago and thought way to go my friend!  

prov431

Nicely done Frank, Nate, and Lee. You guys are just too cool.

Frank Angel

I also want to mention the great job that the CCS staff did making Tyler feel at home. He really enjoyed the t-shirt and special access. Thanks guys!

Frank_Angel

The class that this group of racers continues to exhibit is amazing. Tyler made it to the races again this Sunday, and Michael Himmelsbach was kind enough to sign and present two of his plaques to him. And, Team Embry gave Tyler a Geoff May tee-shirt as a souvenir.

Thanks to all of you first class guys for making this kid's day special, you are his heroes.