News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Racer... Road America May 5-6

Started by KarlL, March 29, 2012, 11:09:28 AM

Boober

Quote from: Falco on March 30, 2012, 10:03:36 AM
You are spending way too much time discussing and worrying about "being competitive". 
Maybe you are so good on your bikes as is, that you will be competitive on any bike. Maybe you are another Walker.   I suggest that you take the school and grid up and complete few races before you bring competitiveness of your bikes again.
Racing and trackdays are two different things.
Don't take that wrong karlL it was good advice even though it sounded shitty. Your instructors at learning curves are gonna say that about fifty times throughout the school.  it's better to let the competition aspect come on slowly.

Falco

Quote from: KarlL on March 31, 2012, 08:40:55 AM
thanks for the comment Dejan! See u at the track  :jerkoff:

I am sorry if my advice sounded too harsh, it was not meant to be.  I was in your shoes last year.  I raced with a stock Daytona 675 (with stock suspension and stock exhaust) and I still had a ton of fun.  BTW I was not the only one, there were a lot of racers that raced completely stock bikes.  One weekend we had a guy on a stock Hypermotard with brake light still on the bike.   :ahhh:
MW CCS #144 Am

Woofentino Pugrossi

As for the F2 Karl, I raced my F2 in Thunderbike. Generally the cutoff for 4cyl liquid cooled 600's is 1990 or 91, but they allow the newer ones IF they are unchanged from the 90/91 models. 92's are pretty much the same as a 90/91. Hell you can use a 99 FZR600 since its the same bike as a 1990.

First and foremost is to have fun and stay safe (as much as you can racing). I've cornerworked since 2001. Last race I raced in CCS was May 2004. Was hit in T4 by a new racer who was pushing it waaay to hard. Ended up in a semi-highside. Seen other new(er) racers riding way over their heads take others out and ended up pretty bad. Couple of which did end the other guys racing "career". Old saying "You dont win a race in the first turn".

I'll be taking LCR may 17 (have a blackbelt test on may 5th and thats a bit more important than racing) since I havent had a license since 2006 and the rules are after 5 yrs no license, you have to take the school. Look for a blue/white SV650 with old cafe style bullet fairing.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

design-engine

Look for the Design Engine Tent.  Pit near us ... and we can answer any questions you may have however your suposta make some mistakes the first race weekend ;)