Ultra Light Thunder Bike Roebling road raceway

Started by CHIRINOM, March 12, 2012, 06:46:19 PM

CHIRINOM

Good turn out of EX250's at Roebling this week end. We had five bikes on the grid, two of which are new to the class. Congrats to Paul Vance for taking the win! Looking forward to seeing every one at Jennings.

Paul Vance 1st
Shon Staton 2nd
Miguel Chirino 3rd
Dom Herrera 4th
Sabrina Faerreyra 5th

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

Jiggyfly

That's it!?!

No racd report?
Or write-up!?

Tell us about how it went......break it down for us! :D

vance

Well... I won't name names, but 4 of the 5 jumped the start and I was the one that didn't  :lmao:

CHIRINOM

More of a rider than a writer, Lol. Wish I had mounted the camera but it was too short between practice and the race, I barely had time to re gear. Did any one see the race?

Paul, did you draft by both of us on the front? Where did you pass Shon?

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

truckstop

Yeah, someone needs to explain what "2 Wave Start" means. LOL. They didn't meatball everyone else did they?

vance

Quote from: CHIRINOM on March 12, 2012, 09:48:27 PM
More of a rider than a writer, Lol. Wish I had mounted the camera but it was too short between practice and the race, I barely had time to re gear. Did any one see the race?

Paul, did you draft by both of us on the front? Where did you pass Shon?

I wish someone had a camera because it was the 3rd lap (I believe) when the racing really happened.  IIRC, I got past Shon coming out of 3 and caught you in the sweeper coming onto the front stretch.  If the photographer was there in T7 at the start of the race ( I saw here there AFTER the race) she may have some really good pics of the three of us going through 7.  Both of you got by me on the front stretch and Shon was stacked right behind you.  So... I tucked back in behind Shon and decided I was either passing both of you in T1 or we were all going in the grass :)
That's when I remembered CCS gave me a racing license, which qualifies me to stuff the crap out of my fellow racers in the fastest corner of the track.  (YES, peanut gallery, I know we're on mopeds.  Laugh it up!)  So I was completely confident I wasn't going to wipe us all out :)

How's that for a write up?

Cab305

I only got to see you guys half lap then I was all by my lonesome. Don't know how close Sabrina was behind me.

vance

Quote from: truckstop on March 12, 2012, 09:54:27 PM
Yeah, someone needs to explain what "2 Wave Start" means. LOL. They didn't meatball everyone else did they?
No meatballs.  The best part was the reaction of the officials!  Everyone went on the 1st flag except for me.  The problem was the guy with the 2nd wave sign never walked out on the track.  He was standing right beside me, so I was in the view of everyone else on the row.  The other 3 in my row jumped, and Sabrina who was behind me and saw the 2 wave sign hesitated and then went with the other 3.  I looked over at the guy and he just shrugged his shoulders.  The best part was when I looked up at the Flag guy and raised my hand, he didn't even wave the flag a second time.  He just shrugged his shoulders like "I don't know what just happened.."  :)
My starts are so crappy anyway that would have been roughly the same reaction time if I had gone with the flag.  :)

Jiggyfly

I had the GoPro on, but apparently I should read the directions again.......

The race was a blast! I believe Vances' version to be pretty close. I was laughing in my helmet when I went to pass Vance about 3/4 of the way down the straight, (I was 3rd in the draft) as he went to pass Miguel, & he realizes I'm on his left & starts shaking his head.....it was hilarious!

Vance got me, then passed Miguel in the fastest part of the track, & gapped us enough on that one lap that he was out of reach. It made me wish we had 10 more laps to go!

alexm

This class sounds like a ton of fun!

Is Ultralight Thunderbike the only class the EX250 can compete in? (I know...go read the FRB)

truckstop

It's the only class it's competitive in.

You could run it in ULWSB I'm sure, but you'll get eaten alive by SVs.

Jiggyfly

The class is extremely fun!!

You have all of the feel of racing a larger displacement bike, minus the high speeds & big dollars, & with the machinery being absolutely equal. So there's no way someone is going to have a better bike than yours.