The Annual BASH - February 25th, 2012 (Mid-West Region Social Gathering)

Started by gkotlin, February 01, 2012, 10:23:55 AM

gkotlin

2012 BASH – (OPEN TO ALL)
February 25th, 2012 (5pm - 4am)

THIS EVENT IS A PARTY FOR ALL OF US!
No Specific Motorcycle Groups, Track Day Orgs, Racing Orgs etc...

Well, folks, another TRACK season and another Chicagoland riding season came to an end a while back. Welcome to WINTER... time to have a party together! We've all had a chance to spend some time on various tracks, improve our skills, and get a chance to build new friendships and strengthen old ones. Brian Wink has a standing tradition, and that is to host an annual BASH. For those of you unfamiliar with the BASH, this is an opportunity for us all to gather again during the off-season as sort of a mini-reunion and a time to celebrate the past track day and racing and riding season. Bring new friends to the BASH and introduce them to the wonderful family of riders that we have, bring your spouse, significant other, or date to the event. Let them meet some of the people that you spend your weekends with. For those of you familiar with the BASH, this is a don't miss type of event, and well worth the drive. We always have people from multiple states at this event.

Come on out and meet and have some fun with all of your fellow folks on the board that ride on the track! Even those that don't and won't ever. This is just a REASON to party together in the off season in Chicagoland.

This is a PARTY! A celebration for all things motorcycle, street riders, dirt riders, track day riders, racers, friends, enthusiast and wannabes. Everyone is welcome regardless of who you ride or race with! Everyone and anyone that loves bikes, come on out to this event! Heck, you don't even have to have a bike, we have had plenty of folks just bring friends to a great party!

There will be LOTS of FREE giveaways.  Make sure that you get a FREE Raffle ticket when you arrive. MUST be present to win btw. We need HELP collecting things to give away, so PLEASE, if you have something or can get us something to give away, GREAT! Raffle tickets are FREE, we aren't trying to raise any money here. If you have extra money, buy me or someone else a drink!

Put it on your calendar now, FEBRUARY 25th, 5pm – 4am. Get a babysitter, get a dog sitter, cancel your out of town plans. Heck, if you need a month's notice to find a date to bring, get started NOW!
Main event is 5-10pm, live band starts at 10pm, feel free to drink/party/converse until closing at 4am (they had to kick 75 or more of us out at closing time last year. This party is soooo of the hook, even the local law enforcement has been known to show up! (My lawyer says that's all I can say bout' that )

Durty Nellie's - http://www.durtynellies.com/
180 North Smith Street
Palatine, IL

Train station is next door... And there is plenty of parking.

We'll gather for conversation and dinner together. We'll have the full menu (http://www.durtynellies.com) to select from. Plan on being there at 5pm, the biggest comment that we had last year was that we should start earlier.

This year, we'll be in a new room, the WHISKY ROOM. They are NOT requiring us to pay a booking or minimum fee (normally $5k), so please come HUNGRY and THIRSTY and make sure that they'll want us back. (For those of you that drink too much... please have a DD, or stay locally)

Just like every year, there will be some products and awards type of giveaways. Raffle tickets will be handed out at the event. We are still looking for sponsors to donate items for the event, so if you can help out, or know anyone who can help out, the more we have the better for all! FREE... (key word) PM me (GKOTLIN) if you can help in this area.

We'll have a private bar (cash) and our own bartenders, waiters and waitresses for the evening. For those of you that are coming from out of town, or those that might want to drink more, past the .08 limit in Illinois, we have special rates for lodging at the nearby Holiday Inn Express for you. Just tell them you are with Durty Nellie's. Cabs will be available at the door.

Holiday Inn Express
1550 East Dundee Road
Palatine, Illinois 60074-8311
(847) 934-4900

Please put this on your calendar NOW, and make plans to join us for this event.

Additional events may also be scheduled the same weekend, for example, for the last four years, a group went to Chicago Indoor Racing for some cart racing fun. We may also have a dirt outing going on the same weekend and perhaps a suspension or motorcycle seminar of some kind on Saturday.

I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully getting a chance to meet some new folks!

Post up if you have been before! Tell everyone that this is a CAN'T MISS event.

Please REGISTER that you are attending in the original CLSB thread located here: http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...d.php?t=117328
This way we can have an accurate count, and we don't have duplicate registrations. If you don't have an account there, PM me and I'll add you. Registration is not required to attend, BUT IT GREATLY HELPS with head count to ensure we have enough tables and wait staff. So if your work schedule changes and you're free that day. GET OUT AND PARTY!

ALSO, I am looking for volunteers to help with the event, and for partners/companies/individuals to donate items to give away at the event. Please PM me if you can help in any way.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

Fast Eddy

Thanks Greg

It is appreciated, all the work you do to set these things up.
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe