News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cruch time......

Started by jigs, January 21, 2012, 12:16:29 PM

gixxer188

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on January 23, 2012, 05:34:32 PM
It is an idea but I would be surprised if a $25 card printer can handle +/- 4000 cards a year or could print them with the speed we need. With the large need of speed at the beginning of the year and quanity over the whole year having batches printed and the associated file keeping done in groups makes it easy to keep track of.

Original price of a Fargo ID Card Printer DTC525-LC/Professional series Model# 085472 was $5,095.00.
It prints 102 cards an hour at 300dpi X 300dpi color with a media capacity of 200 cards.
This isn't just a little SOHO card printer, this is a business grade professional printer.  And here in Madison, WI the UW sells their equipment to the public when they upgrade.

And I have one which I paid $25 for and there are 2 more up for sale right now on the UW Swap website.
https://mds.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/product.asp?mscsID=&auction_id=26466
https://mds.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/product.asp?mscsID=&auction_id=26467
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

twilkinson3

Having picked up my 7 foot equipment rack (for the basement) for a song and a dance from the same place for like $60 (it was over 2k new), the college up here does liquidate some nice stuff, if there are 2 and they can do 100 cards an hour....$50 and supplies plus shipping it to Texas might reduce someones overhead lol - just my 2 cents

Burt Munro

But then there's the expense of translating the operating manual into Texan. You know, they don't speak regular English down there. :ass:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Eric Kelcher

Thanks I'll pass info on.

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

gixxer188

Quote from: Burt Munro on January 25, 2012, 02:35:50 PM
But then there's the expense of translating the operating manual into Texan. You know, they don't speak regular English down there. :ass:

Maybe Texas Instruments makes one? LOL
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Super Dave

Quote from: steve p on January 23, 2012, 06:13:53 PM
Now that is funny.  I don't think CCS does anything fast..........accept process your credit card.  :)

:biggrin:
Super Dave

SVbadguy

I received my license today.

magnum

Gixxerblade

vnvbandit

~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Race125

Received and returned for correction

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Race125 on January 29, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
Received and returned for correction
I didn't even bother to look at it. Yours musta been fuggered.